MAF Sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
I found that my MAF sensor has went bad....I called Ford and its going to cost $150!! :eek:

Has any here replaced the MAF Sensor and how much it cost.

thanks!

Tyler,

if you have a K&N style filter that consist of an oiled gauze filter element, your MAF sensor may be contaminated with oil. You may want to purchase a can of electical contact cleaner spray and see if you can clean the sensor wires in the MAF. That may save you the cost of replacing the MAF sensor.

...Rich

I have had mine replaced 4 times already, but it keeps falling under warranty fortunately. I plan on a new MAF every year.

Ditto on what rich said...

Chad, you may have a defective air filter or something in the system... have you tried another air filter?? It should not go that many times....

Todd Z

I did try cleaning the maf sensor......helped only a little bit....I still think the best thing should be to replace it, evening though I hate to do that. I called Auto Zone and the want $135-better than $150 :eek:

Tyler,

If you tried cleaning the MAF and it's still not running right, then you probably need to replace it.

...Rich

Chad......Check the pins in the harness plug. I had one loose and not making good contact on my mustang....