Magnaflow install on 07 V-8?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Just want to make sure I'm reading the instructions correctly. It says to cut the original pipe "approximately 6" behind the catalytic converter flange, just in front of the cross-brace". Is that necessary to get clearance to be able to drop the muffler/resonator? Just looking up in there it looks like you might be able to unbolt the flange and tailpipe and drop the whole mess out by pushing it back and sideways far enough to clear the cross-brace. If it is necessary to cut it why not just cut it behind the cross-brace? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Magnaflow's 800 tech line and they said it didn't make sense to them either. The customer service rep said he would have his engineer look at the instructions. I think I will try it without cutting first and if that doesn't work I will cut it behind the cross-brace, not in front. :rolleyes:

If you want an illustration of the ST exhaust look in my library for a PDF file name "07 ST exhaust"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mark. I have not started the install yet. Just reading the instructions and looking under there they didn't make sense. I was hoping someone who had done their own install would confirm my suspicions before I chop up a perfectly good stock exhaust based on Magnaflow's instructions.

Its a helluva lot louder at WOT. :D I'm waiting until I get the exhaust changed and install the Xcal2 tune before I pay much attention to numbers.

Yeah, installed Todd's TB last night. Haven't put more than 15 miles on it since though. Check out Pat Freeman's website. He has some pretty neat videos of his truck after the Magnaflow install.

hehe. Yeah I saw that after I posted the link. He even mentioned it in his writeup. Would have answered my own question if I had looked there first. Oh well. At least I didn't have to cut it twice. ;)

If nothing else maybe Magnaflow will change their instructions. Right...

Man I love having a father with an automotive shop and all of the welding tools. The lifts don't hurt either. This is going to be a cinch...of course, the hardest part will be parting with the money to make the purchase. May even look into getting a y-pipe fabricated. My father's racing partner is an expert welder @ Lockheed and makes deep sump oil pans on the side for the spec BMW racers.

You know, I remember reading that post but I obviously didn't remember that much of the detail. For some reason I didn't find it when I did a search this evening. This place is awesome. Thanks. :D

BTW, whatever happened to Pat. I haven't seen any posts from him lately.

LOL - funny you should ask. I haven't been on here for a while because I've been quite busy! I just got Todd's TB and haven't even had time to install that and it was a record warm day here in Maryland.

I've been spending a lot of time repainting the rooms inside my house, while fixing nail pops and other wallboard issues. Moving things from room to room. In addition, I took a new job working for Citigroup doing computer security for them. They've had me awa in training, etc. So, it's quite a challenging time.

I'm glad my instructions were useful!

Hey Pat, thanks for the memories. :D

BTW, I really got a kick out of your Magnaflow videos. Helped me make my decision to buy it. Just wanted to mention though that I don't hear any sound on your in-truck segment. Is there something wrong with that one or am I doing something wrong? The other vids work fine and sound awesome.:cool: