Magnaflow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
I was going to do a body lift but decided to wait and do it with ScotT when the weather turns, I figured while I have the money around I might as well throw it into the Trac. I'm gonna go with an exhaust but I'm trying to decide on what type and version of a muffler. I went to a custom exhaust place today and the guy said he could reconfigure the stock pipe and bend another stainless pipe for the otherside, with SS tips, and any muffler i want with labor for about 350-375 including labor. He suggested that I get a magnaflow. I want a nice gnarly/muscle tone but i don't wanna here it in the cab while I'm riding,but when i punch it and open her up i want some noise, he said thats the one. Any feed back on flowmaster and magnaflow exhaust sound inside and out the truck. Todd Z I saw on your link you have both, i think your green truck sound great but a bit to loud for me, any chance you have a clip of your Trac with the magnaflow. I'd like to hear some feed back, Thanks in advanced, Chris

I have the magnaflow cat-back. It is single out at stock location. No drone in the cab but a nice smooth roar on throtle up. Mine is a kit from magnaflow. All stainless, good fit and easy install. Someone in a recent thread found the kit for an excellent price. I paid $380. I think he found it for $80 less. Do a search on the last few days.

Chris....Todd has the Magnaflow in his 04 Addrenalin and truthfully my stock exhaust was

just as loud. It is very quiet. I would go with a Flowmaster Delta Flow. Also remember the further back you mount the muffler the less "drone" or noise you will have in the truck.

Paul H

P.S. wait till you do the body lift to get the exhaust. Otherwise you will have the tips hanging 3 inches bellow the bumper after the body lift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris...I disagree with Paul H. The magnaflow is 5 times or more louder than stock. It not as loud as flowmaster and a different growl sound than flowmaster. When you run flowmaster long enough, everthing else sounds quiet. I know I had flows on my Mustang. I always wanted something less burbly...

I will try to get a sound clip of my adren for you. Personally I feel it is not loud, my Stock v6 mustang was louder....

I will try to get it in the next day or so, I am working days and nights...

Todd Z