maintenance schedule

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndon main

Reaction score
Have a 2007 with 68000 km. Dealer says transmission fluid does not have to be changed yet.

Does anyone know where i can get a maintenance schedule when thinks should be changed. Owners manual kinda vague

The new ones are not sealed. There is a small dip stick on the plug, where the diptube used to be.

found a maint schedule on www.fleetford.com/maintenace

its says tranny fluid should be changed at 150k and coolant at 100k

wtf that sounds way too long to me

The new ones call for much longer intervals on the tranny fluid. The Gen 1's called for a tranny flush every 30k and as far as I know, the tranny isn't any different.

What does Ford care? The warranty is up by then anyway. If you plan on keeping it for a while, I wouldn't wait past 50k for the tranny flush and 30k would be better.

Just did mine last week @ 43,000 miles. New filter and a 16 quart flush to remove all the old fluid. It is definately sooo much better. Smoother shifts(even with Torrie' TCM update) I would reccomend this for all Gen II owners. Just use the Ford(Motorcraft) fluid, its synthetic and at least I can't be blamed for any failures. Oh yeah, there is a little dipstick, PIA to get to, but its there. BC :grin: :driving:

Latest posts