Maintenance Today!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
My '03 Adrenaline got a change of Mobil 1, Mobil 1 oil filter, new Pure One air filter, and a new Deutch fuel filter. It runs like a scared rabbit now!

For fun, I took the old fuel filter and turned it up so the gas would run out the inlet (tank side) onto a clean paper towel. The gas was milky and then had black stuff in it, and then a rusty color residue all over the paper towel. Man--that fuel filter was doing its job!

Had a nice day with the Trac. Just so the Jeep wouldn't get lonely, I also gave it a change of Mobil 1, Mobil 1 oil filter, new STP air filter, and a new PVC valve.

Even gave the Wheel Horse a fresh fill of Mobil 1 and a new Kohler filter.

Gavin,

How many miles are on your engine? I have an 03 and had the fuel filter changed a short time ago. I thought the PVC wasn't supposed to be changed until 50K miles?

Gavin, was this the first fuel filter change? The first one I changed was full of junk, subsequent filters weren't bad.

Yes, it does, but it's a PITA to reach (kind of like that one spark plug).

I was in the dealer for 100,000 mi. service along with other things I don't want to do myself and forgot to have the PCV changed. When I asked about it, the service advisor told me that they see "very few" failures on PCVs and not to worry. I figure, I'll catch it next time.

Latest posts