Manafold

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Hay

Reaction score
Dealer just called & tells me the ST needs a new manafold too. Warrenty does cover it Thank goodness. Looks like I'll be without the truck till Friday. I also had them check the light for the shifting P R D 3 2 1 . It had been out for some time & its a pain in the dark putting into D&R without it being lit. I thoght maybe a bulb or fuse. HA! Not that luckey. They tell me its a wiring harness & will be $135.00 to fix it. I told them to go ahead & repair it. I want it to be right. I'll keep you posted when I get the truck back. I hope this to be a good experience with the dealer & not turn into a nightmare. Fingers crossed.

Frank, Just getting ready to turn 53K. How did you make out finding a dealer to do your work? Hope it all works out well for you also. I feel lost without the truck. My cousin loaned me a Dodge Dakoda Pick up to get around for a few days. I was driving the Dodge today & noticed the inspection sticker expired back in September. Got home & noticed the tires are past spent. Muffler is shot but beggers can't be choosey. I don't think I'll be going too far with a vehicle that hasn't got a valid inspection. I appecieate the gesture from my cousin though.:boohoo:

There was a recall about the shifter assembly (not necessarily the light).

I dont know if you have had that fixed yet, but they might as well while they are in the area.

Had the shifter recall done as well as the transmission (BUMP) recall taken of. The light went out after all that was done. HMMMMM maybe thats why the light is out:banghead:

Don:

I have made an appointment with the Ford dealer in town for next week but I am trying to convince my local shop I bring it to for regular service to do the repair...I'm waiting for an answer from them...I have a third party extended warranty so either way other then $100 deductible it will not cost me much...I rather pay the $100 then give it to the *&*(%$ crock Ford dealer...they have such a bad rep..but if I have to I have to...

I hear ya there. Picked up my cousins Chevy truck with him for his 100K check up. The Chevy dealer wanted to do over $2500.00 of unnessary work. He check with the local mechanic , after he picked it up & said all the work the wanted to do was not needed. They suggested to change internal wirring to his alarm system because the truck is 10 years old & they thought it was original to the truck. Well Ya It is! There were no issues with the wirring. I guess it was part of the 100K check, but its internal of the cab.

I'm have the same issues with taking vehicles to the dealers as you do. I do think they tend to take advantage of consumers. I know they probably to a good job, but sometimes I think they sway people into doing work that is not needed. Cousin had the oil changed & lubed. The local mechanic said they missed most of the zerk fittings sinse there was old gritty grease on them. Thats why I'll ake the 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour to ramp up my vehicles & do the oil myself.

Latest posts