Mandarin gold Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT Vann

Reaction score
WANTED TO BUY: Any year sport trac in Mandarin Gold color. I think they only made it 02-03.

low miles. Automatic. 4 x4 preferred. Alls the bells and whistles preferred. Leather ok either way.

Help!!! I can't find one anywhere on line. I'm ready to buy and have wanted a Sport Trac for several years. I really, really want the Mandarin Gold, but would look at Teal or the right light green or tan.

Thanks for your interest and help! I'll gladly travel to buy. I'm in central Illinois

in 2001 there were 2 limited edition colors, mandarin gold on the job 1's and silver frost (what I have) on the Job 2's. You're going to be jealous cause a new member just joined with one. Good luck though, they're not easy to come across (neither are the silver frost, but it looks alot like silver birch so alot of people don't see the difference)

Dallas

Thanks for the info so far.

I know I've had a hard time tracking any info down about it.

Tell me this........

Would it be horrible to have a regular gold one painted to Mandarin???

I've got a lead on a 2001 with only 27,000 miles at a good price, just not my color!

This is a fun website. Please keep your eyes open for me.

M.T.

Hi, I'm the new guy that just joined the site with the Mandarin gold ST. I just happened upon it the other day. A guy in my housing area owned it. I saw it at the dealer and loved the color. I gave up an 03 ST for it. I did not know how hard they are to find. The only think is I dont know if Mandarin gold is the offical color. On the door sticker is says B6 is the color and that comes out to Mandarin Copper???? But hey good hunting.

Norm

Madarin Gold is the official color, according to published documents for the ST. Some dealers/color charts may list the color as Copper, simply because that is a more accurate description of the color.

BTW, Big D, Silver Frost was a 01/Job 2 and a 02/Job 1 color. It wasn't replaced by Silver Birch until Feburaryish of '02, or 2002 Job 2 (if you're keeping track, that's over one calandar year of production for the Silver Frost...the 2001 model year for the ST ran about 18 months).

I'd love to find a MG myself...if I could happen upon one and the price was right, I might just have to do something about it. Espically if it has a moonroof. Just about everything else can be easily changed.

M.T., good luck with you quest for a MG ST. When they first came out I wanted one real bad too. I even drove to Long Island, NY to see and drive one. Told the dealer I wanted it but he wouldn't hold it for me while I checked on my loan info. Ended up with silver frost Nov. 1, 2000. Traded that in 2 years ago for my 04 in CO. Still think it's a great color. Gary D. in CT

Thanks all for your input.

I found a 2002 Toreador Red with only 26,000 original miles in Minneapolis. On top of the great miles, with all accessories accept leather and moonroof, I got it for $14,500. Yes, that's right, 14,500 with 26k miles. I feel like I stole it, but it was from a Ford dealer, and they gave me a good shake on my trade too--actully better than I was quoted from a local dealer.

As pretty as the MG is, I had to give up for the low miles. The red is very cool in person.

I drove 550 miles on Monday from a tornado at home to blizzard in MN to buy it, and I love it already!

BTW, what the hell is "Toreador" red. They made that up didn't they?

Grateful to be a new and proud owner of a Sport Trac

M

Latest posts