Maryland, PA, Delaware, VA meet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Deitz

Reaction score
Well everyone in the general area of maryland i think its time for a meet in the middle of all these states. I would like everyone from these states to be involved. Any ideas on where in the middle we can meet and great and get some food, let me know by email at [email protected] and let me know whats up

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
I think having it ion the Delmarva would isolate it from most of VA. Myself coming from Hampton Roads would be there easily, but someone from Roanoke say would have to go out of the way to get there. I’m thinking Richmond, Fredericksburg, something like that. There are a lot of restaurants around there, Civil War battlefields, plus Kings Dominion (amusement park) is nearby. Williamsburg (Busch Gardens) is good as well, plus historical tours (one year before the 400th anniversary of Jamestown). Those places would kind of centralize the meet, making just as difficult to reach for everyone.

Hey thanks alot for all that info i can get Kings Dominion tickets threw my work at half price and if i knew how many ppl were comming i could get tickets

Glenn

The topic was MD, VA and Delaware meet, not NJ. You guys need to go and do your own thing. :lol: If we include NJ, maybe we should just make it a Mid Atlantic Meet.....

Sarcasam is difficult to convey over the internet. Sorry that you did not read my post the same way I intended. Of course all are invited, if this gets off the ground.

Glenn - Have you had a meet in MD since the one in 2004 I attended? Haven't had much chance to check this site for a while. I know you've put some effort into organizing meets and few people show up (Didn't you swear never to organize one again?). You just gotta pick a place and time and ask people if they can make it. If they can, great, if not then too bad. After saying that, and I know I'll sound like an ass but the closer to DC Metro you make it, the more likely I can attend - need to deal with the baby and dog....oh and the wife.

Also think we should get a group together for "All Truck Nationals" or the "All Ford Nationals" at Carlisle next year. Let's just pick one and try to get enough people (25 vehicles) to enter as a club. check out the web site: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/

There's a good possibility I might be able to add alittle deep south to the group, according to when and where. I'd be pretty much up for anywhere. And the when would depend on my work schedule which is constantly changing.

I must admit, I like Tyson's idea on the All Truck or All Ford Nationals at Carlisle. Looks like the 2007 All Truck will be Aug 3-5. It would be pretty cool to have a bunch of us show up and enter as a group...maybe with a MYST sponsorship of some kind. Just my $.02 worth.

This will be my first where ever it is, but has anyone suggested Ocean City?

Hey instead of Bike Week we can have Trac week.

How about somewhere a little southwest of the Baltimore-D.C. "mixing bowl"? Traffic really sucks in the I-95 corridor and that area really is a hassle to get in and out of if you don't live there. I live in Richmond and we have a very cool event October 28-29 of this year. The Richmond Highland Games & Celtic Festival is an annual event held at the Richmond Raceway Complex. Athletes come from all over the world to participate in professional and amateur events. Some of the events are incredible to watch. Ever see somebody throw a 150 pound caber(basically a 21 foot telephone pole)? The gathering of the clans with all the massed pipe bands and drumming is a spectable to behold. There is plenty of live music, entertainment, great food, and all kinds of tasty brew. Richmond is 90 minutes from D.C. and whole lot less stressful. I know Richmond is a little farther south than what a lot of you guys might have in mind but the weather is pretty decent in October, there are plenty of reasonable lodging choices, lots to do, and the traffic doesn't suck as much as most urban areas. I have included a link to the Richmond Highland Games & Celtic Festival. They have plenty of parking and we might even be able to convince them to set aside a parking area just for the Sport Tracs. Give it some thought...

Would anyone be interested in a having it in Virginia Beach, Va. I know we have bike week here in the early part of summer at the Travel lodge campground.

Hello all i am back from my looong trip to MASS and CT. Well it is meet time and I think the middle sounds good! No in the delmarva area not excluding anyone who wants to come i would like to go to a nice park or a fairly large parking lot to congragate sp? im tired lol...:D:D:D

Latest posts