Members with 07 and factory hard bed cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Townsend

Reaction score
I recently bought a take off cover because my 07 didnt come with one. I bought the strikers (brackets)from ford for 9$ a piece. But ford can not tell me what is used to connect the strikers to the side of the truck.. Does it use just plastic push pins to hold them on. Or are there bolts i need to buy?

Thanks guys

Also if you even need any factory parts from ford i can get them for like 10% over cost. Just shot me a email at [email protected] with a part number and i can get you a price. This includes accesories, ford racing, and motorcraft parts.

I would be pretty certain that the brackets would be held in with bolts. Are there any predrilled holes in the bed? I know that's where the brackets for my tonneau bolt on in my 2001.

Yea there are holes predrilled and the striker brackets align perectly i just dont know what holds them in place. I figured it would be bolts to but i just wanted to make sure.

Just checked mine . . .

My '07 has the standard automotive grade bolts. I did not pull to see what type of thread it is but the dealer should have a diagram with "bargain" pricing.

Good luck. I love my cover.