Metal Thermostat Housing Recommendation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Fengel

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Good morning! I have a 2001 ST Gen 1 with 215,000 miles and it has a leaking plastic Thermostat Housing - I bought the truck new and it has served me well and I think the leaking Thermostat Housing is the third one since it was new and it is now beginning to leak - I really don't want to use the plastic housing this time so I need to purchase the aluminum one - I see there are at least 2 available but would like some opinions on which one to use and where to purchase it - Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! John

Good morning! I have a 2001 ST Gen 1 with 215,000 miles and it has a leaking plastic Thermostat Housing - I bought the truck new and it has served me well and I think the leaking Thermostat Housing is the third one since it was new and it is now beginning to leak - I really don't want to use the plastic housing this time so I need to purchase the aluminum one - I see there are at least 2 available but would like some opinions on which one to use and where to purchase it - Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! John
I got an all aluminum one from Amazon and it fit perfectly and works great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6Q9M4J...psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9ocXBfc2hhcmVk

Good morning John. Here’s the one that I ordered for my 2004 ST 4.0L Gen 1 that worked like a charm. I didn’t use the unbranded thermostat that comes with it because the Motocraft one in use was fairly new.

Good morning John. Here’s the one that I ordered for my 2004 ST 4.0L Gen 1 that worked like a charm. I didn’t use the unbranded thermostat that comes with it because the Motocraft one in use was fairly new.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.png
    IMG_3372.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like I may delay getting one right now since we just went through a tornado last night and the place is a wreck. The truck survived the storm but our car has a broken windshield, the driver mirror is busted clean off and a large dent in the roof. Maybe I'll get back to the thermostat dilemma next week. I have a full gallon of premixed anti freeze and will just watch it closely. Thanks again! John

Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like I may delay getting one right now since we just went through a tornado last night and the place is a wreck. The truck survived the storm but our car has a broken windshield, the driver mirror is busted clean off and a large dent in the roof. Maybe I'll get back to the thermostat dilemma next week. I have a full gallon of premixed anti freeze and will just watch it closely. Thanks again! John
Just buy the plastic one and forget it for 70000 miles

funny thing is the aluminum one was cheaper. Why not go with something better when its also cheaper.
That truly makes no sense being cheaper. To me it doesn't matter I replaced mined when I bought the truck almost 4 years ago. And only put about 5000 miles a year on it.
When I bought it, the plastic was definitely cheaper.

I bought aluminum t-stat housings from Parts Geek for both my '02 and '04 Sport Tracs. They come with both sensors, thermostat, and the hose that comes off the bottom of the housing. I reused my sensors and t-stats instead of the ones that came with the housing. Cost was $55(?) shipped. I'm happy with them.