Microsoft released its new Web browser today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 5 years since Microsoft's last major Web Browser upgrade they are finally making an attempt to improve the IE browser that causes many of us more pain with our PC's than we even know about. Personaly I started using Mozilla Corporation's Firefox browser about a year ago and I doubt that I will even bother with the new Microsoft browser.

How many others use something other than Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser?

FireFox as well.

I hear that the new IE is remarkably similar to FF; but, with FF being open source, it will almost always be quicker to catch bugs flaws and fixes, not to mention enhancments.

I'm running MCE, and it won't run any content that requires WMP, so I have to run it in IE to see that content (I've tried reinstalling everything to get it to work)...I like Firefox cause I have about 15-20 tabs going at a time...I'll load IE7 and play with it :)

I got Microsofts new IE a few months ago when they released a beta version. I took a feedback survey every few weeks. It has worked flawlessly for me. I am sure the final version will have bugs.....nothing will ever satisfy everyone.

I mean Apple released some Ipods that had a virus already on them....who messed THAT one up:lol:

I've used both and really don't see what's so great with Firefox. The tabs are the best part and now that IE7 has them it is the only browser I use. All sites are supported in IE, unlike Firefox, and with a fast computer there really isn't a speed difference. I know it's a personal preference but I'm sticking with IE. :D

George

I've been using Firefox for close to two years and IE7 Beta every since it came out around a year ago. Both work well. My only complains are that Firefox won't open some content and IE7 sometimes chokes computer, since it is a memory hog.

I prefer Firefox because of the wide range of extensions available. I use the World Clocks and ForecastFox weather extensions.

Don't have a preference. I've used FF and with the exception of pop-up blocking I don't see any other real benefits. <a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html"target=top>Here's some FF reading</a>, take it with a grain of salt, but it may surprise some.

u know i could never figure out what all the problem was with IE6 or even any of the earlier ones. ive used microsoft only for years now since i started using a computer and have never had any serious probelms. i tried a few of the other ones and never really liked them. ive got IE 7 beta loaded on my computer for a while now and its ok, nothing grand, its a browser. i beleive that most people just need to get off their microsoft high horse and not hate them and their stuff just casue they gotr the most money and are the biggest guy on the block.

Justin

I was one of the original Microsoft bashers. On my first computer, I refused to install Microsoft products on it. My OS was DR-DOS, and I used Lotus AmiPro and Lotus 1-2-3 productivity software. I also had a Paperwhite (Black and White) VGA monitor. One of my co-workers and I would have debates about why I should upgrade to a color monitor. I always answered that I didn't need a color monitor, because my printer was black and white too. :)

I am now a Microsoft convert. Their products may not be perfect, but at least I don't need to convert things I work on to some other format before I can use them.

Safari here as well. I love it, though I've run into a few occasions when I've had to use Firefox when something wouldn't load in Safari.

I've been using IE7 beta for a while now, I like it. I prefer Firefox and use it too. Firefox is not supported by my online classroom so I have to use IE7 for that. IE7 stepped it up a notch for Microsoft which is good to see.

I used the IE7 release candidate 1 for a few weeks, but removed it when I (finally) figured out that I could not access my work's Microsoft Outlook Exchange Web Mail with IE7.

The IS guys at work said that they had several other complaints when other folks started using IE7.

Who'd a thunk that Microsoft's browser would not support Microsoft's Webmail?