Miller + Coors Merge

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Yep #2 & #3 team up to go after #1!

I find in interesting because in Williamsburg... AB pretty much runs the area. They have the brewery here, Kingsmill, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA... But odds our this merge wont dent AB that much.

Anyone got a specific choice of beer while I have you attention?

I've grown to like that Bud Select stuff alot.

They apparently own 48% of the beer market? Thats a number that a friend of mine with AB sent recently announching the merger.

I know that Budweiser is the best selling beer out there, but I don't like the taste at all. I much prefer Miller products to Bud, but would put many smaller brews above both of them (Killians, Boddington).

Although, given a choice, I'll take a Jack Daniel or Captain Morgan over any of them. Mmmm, Jack Daniel . . .

Rocks

I drink Corona, but I always mix in some grenadine to the mix to give it that cherry flavor and get rid of the after taste. Other times will add scotch and grenadine to the Corona. Now, a good shot is. Gorilla Fart: Its considered a double shot. Half 101 Wild Turkey, half 151 Bacardi.

Our biggest sellers around here is Corona and Heinken.

AB is number one because of advertising. They do know how to promote their goods.

Lord knows they do not sell it on taste alone. YUCK!!!

Tom

I won't drink anything the big 3 make. Only microbrews for me. I prefer beer with actual flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the weird thing Bill... apparently from the article drastic changes aren't going to occur. If this merger is to make a significant splash you would think a hybrid beer or something would come about...

I'm not a big beer person (prefer Jack rocks, or at times Chivas with a water splash) but during the hot part of summer a beer is nice.

I used to do Miller draft but switched to Bud when Miller donated $30K to the illegal aliens legal fund "because everyone needs representation".

BS I say and I won't buy Miller any more, Period!

Bob

Being a Miller man myself, I can't see the point of this merger. Both of them togther can't match the % of sales of AB. With Smirnoff and the like also taking a pretty good chunck out of sales, it seems a waste of time. May just help them both stay afloat. I drink mostly Jim Beam and Coke, but when I do drink beer, it's Miller Lite.;)

When you combine piss with piss it's still piss so why does it matter? (Can you tell I'm an import beer drinker? :))

Prefer something with taste & substance .... nothing better than a good, cold Sam Adams !! Medium to darker brews ...

... speaking of which, I hear one calling now ! C'ya !!

Latest posts