Misfire and no AC?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

americandan

Reaction score
So this just started out of the blue.

I'm in Houston and it's been getting back to the hot and humid weather.

Was leaving a job site and got on the highway and thought it was just crappy road as the truck was shaking. Nope, the CEL started flashing. Huh... Odd. Then I noticed the AC stopped working. On/Off on the throttle got the CEL off and AC came back on. Got back on the gas and the flashing came back and no AC.

Well, can't diag a flashing so I just rode it until the CEL went solid. Used Torque to read the code and got a miss on 6. No problem, I'll change the plug as I did all the COP the other month. Got home, took the wife's car to get Motorcraft plugs and went to work. Got #6 out and it looked like it never got changed at 141k miles. Odd, previous owner (my brother) said he took it to, of all places, Pepboys, and had it changed. There was NOTHING left of the tip. Fine, no biggie, changed it and started it up. Sounded fine and left it.

Went back to the job site and at the first mile, everything was cool then the hesitation and miss started. The ac cuts off again. Babied it on and off and got to the job site. Finished the stuff and drove back and babied it back.

What is causing the misfire and ac to shut off? What is the correlation between the two? I did also get a P1000 with the P0306 and some B1318.

Helps. Going to change all 8 out tomorrow but what else should I change/check?

Oh I also changed the belt as it was cracked to hell... Oops!

Thanks y'all!

P0306 - misfire #6.

B1318 - low battery voltage, had a Dodge Caravan that would do some wonky stuff if the battery voltage was low, things that I would never think a low battery would influence like running extremely poorly and intermitant operation of random things, it was a Dodge though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P1000 - not important, just means it hasn't yet completed all its self-tests, will always get this if you have disconnected the battery.

Since you mentioned “humid” and B1318, I would disconnect the battery and clean the battery connections until they shine.

Latest posts