Monroe Reflex or Sensa Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
Which shock do you think is the best to get for my 04 ST 4X4, the Monroe Reflex or the Sensa Trac? I am going to get the shocks replaced in about and get an alignment 2 weeks when I am on vacation and I dont know which to get. Any suggestions?

I am also considering these for the rear

http://www.oreillyauto.com/EW3/ProductDetail.do?id=3858902&keyword=shock&descriptionId=2631

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Sensa-Trac shocks are more of a car style shock there the Reflex are truck shocks. Between those two, I would go with the Reflex.

Honestly, if I were to do it all over I would go with Bilsteins or KYB Monomax.

Tom

For a softer ride go sensatrac. IMO, with the 4x4 having a heavier front suspension, I would go reflex for the extra dampening. I have a 4x2 and they are not to stiff for me..

For some reason I was under the impression that the only difference between the Reflex and Sensatrac was the Reflex had poly bushings and the sensatracs are plain old rubber......

But I could be mistaken..............

I have the Reflex on mine, would definately recommend

cheers,

Andy

Andy,

The Poly bushings vs the rubber bushings is more than just a different material, The polyurathane bushings eliminate the play in the bushing causing a slightly firmer ride. You can stiffen up the ride considerably by simply replacing all the OEM rubber suspension bushing with polyurathane.

...Rich

Reflex's. Its a bit of a stiffer ride but as a result you reduce body roll around corners etc...

and IMO there is a reason why they are more expensive, its a better product. And rmember, The reflex are the exact same shock as the Rancho RSX's.

Dallas

In answer to Andrew's question about which shocks to buy for your 4x4, get the KYB Monomax - you won't regret the extra money as they are a far superior shock. I know as I have had both.

Rich, You are absolutely right about the poly bushings. Before I replaced the rubber bushings that came with the KYB Gas-A-Just (monotube) shocks they felt very close to OEM shocks, and after replacing the bushings (mentioned in the post on springs last nigh) I have a much more controlled ride except for still having the side-to-side motion after going over a bump diagonally.

I have the REFLEX and love them! They are stiff and give more of a truck like ride but the increased stability and bump handling is excellent!

I agree with C... I went with the SensaTracs, because I do mostly street riding. Had them a year now and they still seem fine to me.

I just installed the sensa-tracs last week, and after a week of riding around, i think i could have gone with the reflexes.

Latest posts