Monroe Relfex vs Rancho RSX

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love one

Reaction score
I have an '01 ST 4x2. I'm looking at replacing the shocks. What are the differences between the Monroe's vs the Rancho's? I do mainly street driving, so what will I notice?

Thanks in advance for your input!

:D

Actually, the consensus is the Reflexes and RSXs are essentially the same product. I have the Monroes myself on my 04 2WD. They got rid of the side-to-side rolling motion. A stiffer ride overall. Oh yeah, the Ranchos are white with red boots, the Monroes are all silver. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We do mainly street driving in our '01 4x2, and it all depends on what you like in a ride. A firmer ride will give you better handling, whereas a softer ride will be more comfortable. With that said; even though both shocks are made by Teneco Corp. the Rancho RSX is a little firmer ride because of different tuning plus poly bushings and the Monroe Reflex is basically the same shock just a little softer. Because the '01 & '02 have softer suspension than the '03 - '05 I recommend going with the Rancho RSX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the rancho rsx on my '04 4x2. All street driven. The ride and control is good for me. Rancho has a buy 4 for the price of 3 at this time...

I have the Monroe Reflexes on my '05 2wd doing mainly street driving.

Huge improvement in ride quality.

D-