Monroe Sensa Trac shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin McGowan

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Monroe Sensa trac shocks yet. Are they any good? Or would it be better to get the Pro comp ES 9000's that ive been seeing people post. Ive seen the deal that summit racing is running, is this better than the sensa tracs? Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks

I just put Sensa Tracs on my ST last week. They are very nice, much firmer ride...but not too much. Night and day from the stock shocks. Got them on sale at Sears for $37 a pop.

I put Reflex on the truck and they were a bit too stif for my wife who was used to the worn out Ford shocks. The Sensa Trac are much more mild than the 9000s/Reflex shocks. If you drive the trac around town and are looking for ride quality - I highly recommend. If you tow, have heavy loads or off road at all, then the reflex are great.

Regards,

Zaffo

I put a set of the SensaTracs from Sears on my '04 and really like the ride. They're more stiff than the stock shocks but a nice fit to the weight of the truck. They made the biggest difference at freeway speeds where they keep all four wheels on the road whenever I hit a bump.

I would like a shock which helps the rear from bouncing while towing a load as well as gives a non truck like ride like my worn out Ford shocks give. Any one help???

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott maybe you should look at something like the Rancho RS9000 shocks where you can adjust the stiffness by adding or removing air. I believe they even have an available in cabin control module that allows you to adjust the air pressure from the driver's seat. Though I imagine the system costs quite a bit more than a regular pair of shocks.

I put the Sensatracs on this spring. My OEM shocks only had 9000 miles on them, so they weren't totally squishy yet. That's probably why I couldn't tell much difference in the ride itself, but I am more confident that the wheels will stay on the ground better in an emergency maneuver. I got them during one of the free installation periods Sears runs every once in a while. I never go offroad or tow anything heavy, so I didn't want to trade ride quality for a shock that could do those things better but deliver a harsher ride.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Monroe's popularity, but regardless of whether I had chosen the Sensatracs or the Reflexes, Sears had to go buy them from a local Pepboys or something that day because they didn't have all four in stock for a 2WD ST. Maybe it was just the free installation, because it took a good two hours of labor to have them installed.

I also put SensaTracs on this spring at Sears. They are somewhat stiffer, but not really bad. I do pull a camping trailer, and they work ok with that. I also do an occasional off-road run, and they do fine there as well. Washboard 2 track roads of N. Michigan are fine with these shocks! :)

However, 99% of my driving is on some better roads, and that's where I like the added stability these shock give over the originals. Of course, anything would probably be better than the worn out shocks I had on it... ;)

i am looking for some good shocks for the rear of my trac. now i have bagged it and i need a good stiffer shock for the rear. ???

thinking maybe some edlebrock ias shocks or something ??????

Thanks for all the input...........I just installed the Monroe Sensa Tracs.........they are definately better than the Factory shocks..........thanks again people........appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts