More body lift questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex dougherty

Reaction score
Sorry about blowing up the forum with my questions but im installing my body lift tomarrow and ive got some last minute questions that i found when i was getting it ready.

1st: How do i access the body mount bolts from inside the cab? Do i have to take the floor out?

2nd: Which four bolts do i take out to remove the bed? Is it the ones from the top of the bed or are they behind the wheel well covers?

3rd: Was anybody able to get an impact wrench up to the bolts for the rear bumper? Mine are pretty rusted on there and i wont be able to break them loose with a ratchet.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Alex

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/body_lift_info.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about the bed bolts.But i just did my body bushings yesterday and you have to remove the front seats and roll up the carpeting or flooring and remove the rubber plugs to access the body bolts.it helps alot to soak them with some penetrating oil and even then they were still very tight to come out.i removed my rear seat.but i think you can reach the rear bolts by just folding the seat down.

Latest posts