More Dallas Pics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark B

Reaction score
Sampling of Dallas pics in My Library.

[Broken External Image]:

Catchphrase for new ST...'Got chrome?' Nice vehicle but not WOW! (for me)

Thanks to Rich, the volunteers and Ford. It was my first meet and big-time auto show. Enjoyed both and was great to hang with the select few that made the trek. Sweet Tracs.

BTW, Discovered my alias is almost universally unrecognized, it's for the Illinois 'Fighting Illini'.

Y'know, I grew up in the Champaign area, and I didn't even figure your alias, Mark.:lol:

I-L-L!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dump all the crome in the front end. That would look awesome.

Actually, I think Ford is doing me a favor. Make it so ugly, I don't want one. I have about another 7 years to go until I replace my Trac. When I got it, I planed on keeping it for 10 years. I guess Ford is helping me do that. Thanks Ford Motor Company. 2002 Trac with 60,000 miles. Only 7 more to go with another 150,000 to put on the odometer.

Tom

My thoughts on the chrome grill:

First of all, I don't like it. Looks too much like a Titan. Second: Styling-wise, it's out of place. There isn't any chrome on the rest of the vehicle, as far as I could tell, so it's out of place. It would look better, imo, if the grill was black composite (like the F-150) or body color. Otherwise, I like the overall look of the 2007 - but, like Tom said, not enough to be tempted to dump my 2002 and go out and buy one.

Say what you want....it has the same general look that attracted us to the Sport Trac in the first place; I like the fact that is has NOT changed dramatically. I think the chrome on the nose looks good! Most of all, the other changes....V8, wider and longer, 18" wheels available, bigger bed....those are the features that excite me. JimT

Well I admit it is newer in some respects as you mentioned, but why not really restyle it to look more like the concept, which was awesome! I really wanted to anticipate buying another one (07') but mine (01') will be payed off by this time next year, so I may wait and see if the Adrenalin will be any better looking than this 07' model, though the way Ford does it seems to let everyone else copy the styling concepts that made this truck a hit in the first place. What I need is a job at Ford motor Company as an adviser to the decision makers that say yea or nay. Who knows better what we need than the buyers and owners of this vehicle. They are holding back on style to sacrifice sales that are in the 60,00 unit range when they could be kicking but all over the auotmotive industry. Can anyone convince them (FORD) to chang their staid minds?

Hey Fy101ny (hope that's right!) on one of your pictures that are posted from the unveiling of the "new" 07 ST, that is me (with the orange/red shirt, barely vivible with him) with the Sport Trac Marketing Manager, Bryan Olson, asking some very pertinent questions about this "new" design as compared to the concept. I told him that Ford should have went through with the concept design as a new ST and they would rule this planet from now on, but he commented that they were saving most of the concept that we've seen here and there for the 07' Adenalin model. Well I hope so because we deserve that style right now. Ford is slow to acknowledge what their customers want and it shows here with this"restyled/new" body style. I don't hate it, but they could have done something exciting don't you think?

I really like Gene's photosho version. Also the B pillars need to be body color. Then I might consider one. For now I will keep my '04 at least 5 more years. By then Ford will correct thier mistakes.....

I like the B pillars being black again. That's how they started out in 2001. MY $.10 worth,, I love the WHOLE design. Rose's Expedition will definately be on the cuttin room floor when the new ones come out....:D shhh don't tell her though...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was jeff C that said First 07 mod.. Paint chrome grill black...:)

Todd Z

May consider getting one in late 07 and giving my 03 to the wife. ( well she will be in 07..).LOL

Todd Z

giving my '01 to my son Grant in 2 years then maybe, since I like the v8 & center shift, but I still have an '04 VW Touareg, awesome.

thanks for all the pics & hope we make to Atlanta & L'ville next year.