More Power!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Knx

Reaction score
Just found this site and I'm very pleased to see I'm not the only ST enthusiast. Have been looking on the 'net' for performance parts for my '05 and haven't had much luck. Just ordered a cold air intake kit from KJ Motoring off ebay, but have not been able to locate much else. Had a Flowmaster exhaust system installed professionally with dual cat back chrome tips coming straight out the rear and it looks and sounds great! Definetly noticed an icrease in power. Hoping some one has suggestions on any other options available for this model year.

Thanks

D-

Talk to member WFoy (Wayne Foy) about an Xcalibrator2 that can change shift points and give you an all around better running ST. He is THE man to talk to about performance.

Here is his contact information. Check out his web site it will give you most of the information you want to know.

Phone: 770-378-3447

Fax: 678-714-0038

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.hypillauto.com/

Hey, thanks to you all for the help! I saw the supercharger on ebay and I'm seriously considering it. Thanks for the welcome!

Regarding the supercharger... we've seen 2 supercharged STs and both had engine problems, seems like the ST does not quite like an SC.... but you might want to install it and let us know... third time's the charm :)

The supercharger has it flaws right now...

As far as bolt on adders, the intake exhaust and flasher are the big 3.. There is an underdrive pulley comming out, you can get other universal stuff, like injectors, y-pipe which removes the front cats, largwer MAF meter, but they require modifications to get them to work great...

With some time you can get some good power from the st !!!

I know Jeff C can post a link of a nice track run from his ST.

Here is mine.

Todd Z

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/10452/Burnout%20006.wmv

Speaking of S/C tracs, has anyone heard from Baron??? He hasnt made a post on his sc trac in quite some time?? Last i heard, he was getting it retuned. Anyone know the outcome? Were all still waitin for that roast show!;)

I don't suggest the Super Charger simply because of the hardships that have followd after having it installed. As Todd mentioned. The Trac seems to not like it.....

O wow, i never heard that he traded it in...I wonder how much he got for that thing with the sc?

He shoulda roasted it the day b4 he traded it in though! LOL

Andy

Too bad he didn't take it to that track a few times before he traded it. I'd like to see some quarter mile numbers. If Jeff can pull low 15s with his N/A ST, imagine what he could've pulled.

I'm not tradin' mine in, That's one reason why I'm looking at modifying caustiously. Hey by the by I'm still looking to hear from WF on getting an xcal programmed for my '05. Any news.

D-

Here's a clip from the track. There's a few more clips if you search from my library. Oh, and FYI, all of the "burnouts" are from a stop without powerbraking. That's just the torque of the ST. Before I get some new tires I'm gonna go have A LOT of fun the night before...