more power

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, the best thing to do with that thing is to throw it out of a high window and sending it back for a refund.

The claimed '22HP' is grossly misleading. All it really does is make the computer pump more fuel into the combustion chamber, fuel that will NOT be burned, fuel the the O2 sensors will detect, and finally, fuel that will be cut back by the computer because you are running too rich. It may work for a few miles, but the computer will relearn and you'll be back where you started.

I agree with Tiger. You wasted your money on junk but I'm sure you won't be satisfied until you try it.

Depending upon the design, it may connect to the wires of your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor which is the short black plastic tube that bolts to the top of the air cleaner and the flex hose connects to the other side to take the filtered intake air to the filter. There is a connecton on top of the MAF that connects to a sensor probe that extends down into the filtered air stream. The MAF senses the air density and temperature of the incoming air stream and sends a signal to the computer to make necessary adjustment in timing, and fuel mixture. This is most likely where the thing hooks up to.

It may also connect to the O2 sensor wire which is located down on the exhaust manifold. the O2 sensor monitors your air/fuel ratio and sends a variable signal to your computer to make the mixture richer or leaner.

The other possibility is that it connects to one of the engine temperature sensors, but there are several so it's a bit difficult to know which one

Not to mention that if it is pumping more fuel that is not being burned your stand the risk of damaging your Cats.

Thanks, you guys talked me right out of it. I will send it back as soon as I can find where to send it as they do not reply. Thanks again

Latest posts