Mothers Powerball

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriMaury Kimbrough

Reaction score
One of the things that the hubby hates the most about cleaning the truck is polishing the wheels. We saw a commercial for the Mothers Power Ball. Since it was Chip Foose doing the endorsing, we thought we'd give it a shot. Our opinion, it"s well worth the money. It took the hubby less than 20 minutes to polish all 4 wheels. It will ususally take him about an hour.

We thought the Power Metal polish that was recommended for it was crap though. It left wheels with a dull look instead of a nice polished shine. We switched to a Meguiers all wheel polish and they are beautiful.

We bought the smaller of the 2 offered because of our our wheels. Just stick it in your drill and you're off. The hubby used his cordless and it worked great.

Now if we can just find an easy way to clean in and around the Explorer badge and those little grates just below the windshield, life would be much better.

[Broken External Image]:

kimbro, to clean around the badges and the front grates, I use a soft brisle toothbrush. It's actually the same one I currently use to brush my teeth with. (Just kidding) I keep two of them on hand and one is for cleaning the wax from around all the badges and the other I use with Armour All (or the like) to work it into tight places. Also, a little trick to get the damn water to drain out of the area under the wiper blade mounts is to drill a small hole in the area. Keeps you from having to try and get it out with a towel or shammie.;)

Because this last time he was being shined up for a show, we actually used a combination of a toothbrush and Q-tips, but what a PITA. The hubby used his compressor to blow the air out of those pesky little areas (what do you call those BTW) under the wipers then we use a Q-tip with 303 to make them shine. I like the idea of the little holes. Does the water just drain down into the engine compartment?

It goes to the same place as the rest of the water from the grilles. When you look at it you will see where the water sits and pools. I just took a small drill bit and put a hole there in an area that didn't show up real bad. Works great. I have no water collection there at all anymore. I don't remember what size I used. I started small and worked up to where it would drain freely.;)

Lori, they are "cowl vents".

Cowl: The part of the vehicle body between the engine firewall and the front of the dashpanel. It usually houses the instruments and the plenumchamber for the heater-ventilation system. The British term is "scuttle."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Paul. I knew somebody would know.

Now can you tell me what that little vent type thing is on the passenger side of the dash near the A/C vent?

With my descriptions, can you imagine how much they love me at the parts store? :D

The one near the window would be the, RH Side Window Demister nozzle. Although, I like term "register", better than nozzle.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the commercial, Chip Foose clearly states that the Mother's Powerball only works on "Foose" wheels. :rolleyes:

...Rich

If I remember right, the one you have pictured in non-functional in the ST prior to the 07 model. On my Lincolns, they were a sensor for the automatic Temperature Contol.. I think the dash in the ST was the same as another model of the Explorer that had the ATC. Rod

Whoa! Nice boat! :rolleyes:

What kind and how big??

I have a 21' rinker, the ST pulls it great, except for all the gas it guzzles! Not to happy about putting all that $$$ in gas for the boat and ST this summer........:angry:

Lori, Rod is correct... for most ST's. :wub: However, if you this it becomes function.

[Broken External Image]:

It houses the temp sensor for the cabin for the Automatic Temperature Control. A hose is routed from that vent back to the blower to draw the air over the sensor. BTW, this is the absolutely best mod I have done to my ST.

Doug,

Did you ever write up a project on the Automatic Temp Control mod? I'd like to do that also, but not exactly sure how to go about it.

Why thank you. She is a 2006 Four Winns 200 Horizon. She's 19'8".

The ST pulls it just fine but because ours is a 2wd with manual tranny we have to be careful with some launches. If they are too steep we have some problems getting it out of the lake. We don't have a low enough gear.

You're right, I'm afraid ours will sit in the yard more this summer just because of the price of gas. When the hubby asked what I wanted for my birthday this year, I told him a tank of gas for the boat and one for the truck.