Mouse under the hood!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Brown

Reaction score
I was installing a fuel filter today. I noticed last week when I changed my oil, that there was some sort of hole in the hood liner! Well today I seen it and I had popped open the fuse cover to remove a fuse, and I was looking at the engine and I seen all of the hood liner jammed nice and tight behind the SOHC Cover!The yellow box is just for pointing out where I discovered the nest! I pulled it all out! Checked around and luckily no wires were attacked! Sure it was just for one night, since we drive the ST daily!

:angry:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn,

Could have been much, much worse. See the below link.

I'll scan a copy of the invoice when I get a chance. Mice suck.

Well it may be a myth but we have planted mint by our front door and have not seen a mouse around it.The back door has no mint,which we are about to replant thereand have seen several, but I would really suggest to everyone to plant it around there house. It keeps the mice away.

you mean the mint plant? good stuff. always wondered why we had one near our house.

so maybe you should just plant one in the engine bay or on the hood. that would be awesome. LOL near the vehicle would prolly be more effective though.

they smell good to!

TF

GlennB..I feel your pain. I had a mouse living IN my Expedition, apparently he had been in there cruising with me for a while. When we found his nest it was HUGE, it was under and in the middle of the 3rd row seat. I'm the only one who drives in it and never go to the back seats. When we tried to trap him, he ran up under the dash and chewed up the wires. Ford dealer charged me $500 to replace. Hopefully, he did't do any other damage to your Trac. You may want to check around.

Garages work better than shotguns....

Have one at home. However, not at my Philly apartment... yet. A space in the underground garage opened up and I move into it in August. I'm thrilled.

This is covered by insurance under your comprehensive coverage, just to let you know.

Indeed. Mine covered it.

Garages work better than shotguns....

Actually, I disagree. I had mice trouble (actually, it was a vole, but for this discussion, it's the same thing), and that was inside our garage. Like most animals, when winter comes, they like a warm place to stay--and if that means entering a garage when no one's looking, they'll do it. Particularly if they can also find food and/or water in the area.