?????? MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I replaced my stock intake box. I had a left over K&N conical from my '94 mustang. The Mass meter adapter was the same bolt patern. The filter is rather large.The air flow should be sufficient. All I had to do is make brackets.

My MPG has fallen off to 4 to 5. What the ##$$^@. I havent been punching it enough to cause that. My exhaust doesnt smell fuel rich. Maybe my tripmeter is wrong..:wacko:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The computer is sensing more air and adding more fuel, Th problem is that is it still using the library from the stock air box..

Disconnect the battery and reset the learned functions, Than re check for a tank or 2...

Also just hitting the gas a little harder a couple of times in the ST can and will throw your MPG in the toilet..

Todd Z

Eddie, do reset the computer and also take into account of the recent cold weather too.You are pulling in alot more cool air than you used too.With the temps staying below freezing in the north Tx panhandle my gas mileage is way down too. I am only getting about 14 or so going to work._Ron

Latest posts