Muffler Question!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

DD ST here! I would like to know what you all think would be the best muffler to go with! I currently have a MagnaFlow single-in/single-out installed. Not enough for me! I have had it for a year now and I want to upgrade. I would like to go single-in/dual-out. I am going to exit each tip out of each side of the ST in front of the rear tires if possible. If not...then out the rear it goes! Or possibly dual out in front of the rear passenger tire.

I am looking for a muffler that will give good gains and that sounds great for a V6(something that actually sounds like a V8 would be nice...I like the sound V8 trucks have when done right and mello)! Nothing abnociously loud, and nothing that sounds like poo! I want something nice and purring (a nice rumble really) when idling, and unleashed when accelerating! Nothing too loud now! Let me know what yall think and post some sound samples if available! Thanks, DD ST

DD ST, I'm sure you will get the usual, Flowmaster answers here. Seems to be the "muffler of choice". I have a Flowtech Raptor on mine. It's just a single in/ single out staright out the back with dual resonated tips. There is are two sound clips in my library. Not load but mellow. The muffler was only $20 from NAPA. I'm pretty sure they have a single in/ dual out set-up also. May be an inexpensive way to go for ya. The sound clips were done a week after having it done. I need to put new ones on there now that it's been there for about 4 months. It does sound better now. (not that I didn't like the sound when it was first done):D;)

I have a Flowmaster 40 single in dual out. It has a nice little purr to it. And have been told it sounded like a V8 when I stomp onit. If you dont wont a Flowmaster,look into Morgan Tec. I have heard some good things about those on another site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad, I already used the search. I just want an update. That's why I posted.

Andrew and Big D, Flowmaster delta 40 seems to be a hot one correct!? This works for me! Thanks, DD ST

Try this first..take the tail pipe off and have a turn out made to the side like you want. It will be louder...see if you like that. shouldnt cost but a few dollars.

edit; also if you still have the resonator on, that maybe you problem, with no growl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie,

Will performance change with a single in/dual out muffler? Will this truly change the sound noticeably with your idea? The shortened exhaust pipe will make a good sound difference? Will removing the resonator effect emissions as well as inspection with brake tag? Thanks for the post bud! -DD ST

DD, the only thing the resonator is for is to lower the noise outlet of the exhaust. Won't effect emissions. You're not going to get that big of a noticable difference in performance with a different muffler. Alittle more top end (passing) power, but you do lose alittle low end (take off) torque. But, you probably wont notice to much. The shortened tailpipe will definately make it louder. As stated, I'd try that first before going and getting a new muffler. It's not going to hurt. If you don't like the sound you're getting, then you can then spend the money and go with a dual out.;)

Latest posts