My 07 ST has arrived

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ Laubach

Reaction score
My 07 ST has finally arrived. I picked it up on Friday. It took 5 months, 3 dealers, and whole lot of hassle but now that it's here...it was all worth it!

The details...

2007 Sport Trac Limited 4X4 V8

Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat - Dark Charcoal Leather Seats

Power Moonroof - Power Sliding Rear Window - Convenience Package - Safety Canopy

Limited Chrome Package - Limited Electronics Package - Class III Trailer Towing

Audiophile AM/FM/CDX6 MP3 Radio - Satellite Radio Receiver - Hard Tonneau Cover

Cargo Cage Bed Extender - Power Adjustable Pedals

My initial observations...

1.8 miles on the odometer when I picked it up at the dealer...way cool

Power moonroof and the power sliding rear window opened together is the best damn convertible I've ever been in. It's so much fun I can't even accurately describe it. If you haven't experienced it with the new ST...don't!...unless you want to end up buying one.:D

I drive with a lead foot...always have, always will. Gas costs what it costs. If it really concerns you...buy a Toyota. Complaining about gas mileage on the ST website is like moving to Florida and complaining it's hot. Can't speak for the Job 1 ST's but when I step on the gas, I get instant gitty-up and go acceleration. No hesitation. Let's just say that whatever they did to the transmission for Job 2 works for me and I feel the need for speed. Probably will still get an Xcal2 for the towing tune, etc.

The chrome package seems to balance out the front grill just about right. Chrome wheels, step bars, roof rails, and chrome caps for the side mirrors. A little pricey for what you get and they should have included a chrome exhaust tip but a very nice little package. Would have liked a chrome gas cap but I can do that mod without Ford's help.

The Audiophile sound system rocks. Factory subwoofer is impressive and one benefit of the delay in getting my ST is I now have the auxillary jack for my Ipod. Satellite radio is even better than I thought it would be. I am a very happy camper with this sound system.

The in-bed storage bins suck. The big one at the front is basically inaccessible. You will notice on the pics I have included that I don't have any pics of the front storage bin. That's because it was too much of a hassle to even reach it. The side bins are marginally useful but Ford really blew it on the storage bins.

The interior...Get The Leather...Get The Leather:rolleyes: Seriously though, I have heard so much complaining about the quality of the interior that I'm not sure what the heck some of you are talking about. This is a pretty nice interior. I don't have any trouble seeing the gauges and I think the controls are laid out fairly well. And yeah...it's not a Lexus interior, but it's pretty nice.

First mod is going to be the Flowmaster...gotta have that growl:eek:

Time to go play with my new toy!

Here's the pics...enjoy...I sure am...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looks great! Love the blue. I'm gettign real anxious. Mine is supposed to be in this week. :D

Great looking ST

I agree with you on the chrome option - balance

I am on my 3rd Dealer also - Please tell us you story with the dealers.

Not sure it I am getting moon roof or 4x4

Really need v8 for towing 7,500 max trailer

thanks

bill in decatur, ga

TJ,

Very nice looking sport trac!!!! What did you pay for your st You have the st that I would have ordered if you do not want to say what you payed I understand and again

very nice looking st.

Your ST is the S#%T! TJ, that is one BEAUTY! You took GREAT PICTURES, man. I haven't seen FOMOCO do their brochures that good! I think you have everything that I want in mine. I am torn between Dark Cherry, Silver Birch, Carbon (?) and oxford White, but I have time to do some elimination until about April/May of 08. may wait for the 08 models to see what's shakin out in incentives, rebates, financing APR's and so on. ENJOY THE RIDE ! What city is that in the background?

You have my truck! That is the color and options i am thinking of getting, minus the DVD Nav. Its a beaut, and lets the mods begin.

patrick pierobon

Congrats! Mine had like 4 miles on it when I picked it up at the dealer. I didn't have to wait nearly as long for mine though! It was only around 2 weeks later than they said it would arrive. Mine is the blue as well and has the same color interior. The only problem I have with it is te tie down hooke "leaking" onto the clean truck after it is washed. It seems that they hold a couple of gallons of water each and spew it out at random intervals, usually right after drying it off. If you let it dry there is a nice yellow/white reside left on the blue.

I agree on the storage bins being about useless. All I fit in the front one is the set of Spot Trac folding chairs I got when I bought my '01. Don't know how I'll get them out if I ever need them though....

Great ST, TJ. I Picked mine up on Thursday. Been waiting since 4/18/06. I have a Dk. Cherry Ltd. w/many of the same options you have - just not as many! I went with the Dk. Charcoal cloth rather than the leather. Had leather in my last two vehicles - thought I'd try cloth this time. I completely agree with your comments on the way it drives - no hestitation noted. Goes good! Took it on it's first road trip and am very satisfied. Great pictures, by the way. Shows all the job 2 upgrades very well. Also agree concerning the "storage bins." Pretty useless. I just added a Leer bug deflector this weekend. Very easy, no drilling install. I think it really adds to the looks. Have fun and thanks for the info and pictures.

Really nice looking ST there TJ.

And that is exactly why I'm not going to test drive a V8 ST, it would be too tempting. Just thinking about all the cool V8 mods that can be done....My ST is still too new mileage wise to even contemplate a trade.

And you said:

Complaining about gas mileage on the ST website is like moving to Florida and complaining it's hot.

How true kind of...It actually is cooler on the coast than inland, the warmer weather just hangs around longer:cool::cool:

Good Luck on your new ride!

Nice door pulls, I'm jealous!!! Is that the aux input jack next to the power outlet on the console?

Your truck is beautiful! Great job with pictures, man!!!