My 07 ST has arrived

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice vehicle, real nice.

A dealer local to me just found a job2 that I've been looking all over for with the moonroof and power rear window up in Tampa. Hopefully I'll have something worked out in the next few days.

does anyone know if we can get the job2 door pulls and put them on the job 1? i wish i would have known they were going to change them:( oh well right.

Congratulations TJ, it looks like you are the 2nd person to post that has the Chrome Package. I just took delivery of mine Thursday. Good luck and enjoy your new truck, i'm certainly enjoying mine.

Edit: T.J (or anyone else with the 07 ST) did you get a seperate key for your tonneau cover or does your ignition key fit the tonneau cover locks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil Red

My ST arrived on Tuesday of last week but I didn't go pick it up until Friday(does that make me the contest winner?). Took some serious will power but work came before play last week. I received two separate smaller keys for the locking tonneau cover. Ignition key does not fit. I tried it.

mrmarvyn

Pictures were taken in Richmond, VA with a very cool Canon 8 megapixel camera at Tredegar Iron Works on the shore of the James River. Tredegar Iron Works is where most of the artillery was made for the Confederate Army during the Civil War.

Pat

That is the auxillary input next to the power outlet on the console. Already plugged my Ipod in and having fun. The jack uses a standard 1.8m mini-plug.

T.J., as specificly stated in my last week's post, the rules were that the 1st one to post pictures was the winner. Plus, technically it's not yours until you go to the dealership and sign on the dotted line:)

TJ - You're hurtin' me, man. That truck is the best looking '07 I've seen, what with that chrome pkg I see.......(Please, nobody tell Ghosty I just said that.......):):)

T.J. - Thanks for the update on the aux input. That's great that it works well!

MPTony - I don't think we can just swap the arm rests on the doors. The leather on the door panel probably is vertically longer to allow for the divet in the arm rest for the new door pulls. If we removed our arm rests, there probably wouldn't be enough leather there. That's my guess. If there was enough leather, then there would be a line or mark from the existing arm rest. It looks like we're going to have to replace the whole door panel. At this point, that's what I expect I'm going to do.

Lil Red - The separate key for the tonneau was a necessity because Ford did not match the tonneaus in the warehouse to the STs coming off the line. If they did, they would have had similar lock tumblers. That's per the engineers from Louisville. They aren't happy about it either.

Pat - When I got my Trac Thursday they didn't give me a key for the tonneau cover and I didn't realize it was suppose to have a seperate key until I tried it Saturday and it didn't work. Yesterday I called and they swore up and down that my tonneau cover should be keyed to my ignition key since it was ordered with it so I went to the dealership yesterday so they could have a look. They noted my VIN# and said they would order the lock cylinders for my key and supposedly they will be in Thursday. We'll see what happens and i'll let you know how it turns out. Personaly, I hope they're able to get the cylinders for the tonneau cover locks to match my ignition key.