My 1st Fitch Report

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. I hate that.

First, it's "tonneau." "Directly" should not be capitalized. The word preceeding "online" should be "an." It's "etc." and not "ect." "Very vary" is just wrong wrong. I won't even get into the punctuation.

If I had an employee that was hired to handle interactions with the public, I'd prefer one that can properly use the English language.

Aside from that, in reality, a tonneau cover won't really help mileage at all. When you drive without one, you build up a cushion of air in the bed that serves the same purpose. What little gain in economy you have by having one is negated by the weight of the cover itself. That all being said, I love mine 'cause I can lock stuff in the bed.

just installed an undercover model 2110 tonneau cover on my 07 xlt V6, have seen an increase of 1mpg in the past week, I drive the same road to and from work 5x/week, same speeds from 35-55mph, traffic conditions, same time (w/in 5 min +/-). Before the cover was installed, the ave mpg was 21.9 on a consistent basis per the on board display, now it stays on 22.9, have seen 23+, but never saw over 21.9 during the workweek before the cover was installed. The tonneau cover helps in my situation by 1mpg, it will take a long to recover the cost of it thru the gas savings, but I bought it mainly for the increased lockable storage area. The majority of my driving situation would be rural hwy 2 lane and 4 lane, with 5 traffic lights over a 12 mile distance. Not your typical stop/go city driving but not interstate either. I'm happy, that's the important thing to me.

Latest posts