My 4 wheel drive doe not she any lights or activity when switching it

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcuda77

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hello all, first post in this forum. I have a 2001 4WD Sport Trac Sport model. I see no lights on the 4WD switch and no lights on the dash indicators. Any weak point in the system I can check? anyone have an issue like this?

Thanks
bcuda77

Probably bad 4wd module passenger side kick panel.

Probably bad 4wd module passenger side kick panel.
I would check the 4Wd module fuse. Do you hear a clicking behind the kick panel when you select 4Hi ?. If you do, your shift motor may be gone. It is an easy job. I replaced mine and got the codes cleared and all good. You did not indicate whether you have 4wd at all. Use dielectric grease on the connector if you have to replace the shift motor..Good luck.

Do have 4WD and thee is no clicking or light anywhere. Fuse is good. Will get to that soon to re plug it and see if that helps.

Most likely the module/transfer case. They are often neglected but do require routine maintenance. Located just behind passenger side kick panel as Todd mentioned. Not too expensive to replace. Search youtube for how-tos. If you cant find a video with a sport trac try a ranger 4.0 as they have same module.

Latest posts