My back glass cant move

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My back glass cant move. It's stuck on vent. The mechanic said that the motor doesnt work. Can anyone tell me where I can get this? Has anyone had this problem before? Give give me some advise.

Many of the back window motors in the 2001's failed. It's something in the electronics. You can order a replacement from Rusty at Spartan Linc/Merc or Fordpartsfast.com

Mine was stuck in the OPEN position. Took it to the dealer and fixed it to the tune of 250 I think. My buddy tried to do it himself and now his doesn't work at all.

I have this motor if you need it. It will be used and can be sold for $75.00

I have close to 100 hundred of them from the 01 and 02 era and about 12 from the 04 / 05 era.

The price I quoted is the later motor 04 / 05. I can sell the 01 / 02 for less. But.... would not recommend it as they all seem to be failing pretty consistently about now.

I had the same problem on my 01 . I closed it manually untill I got the replacement from Rusty. I changed it myself . I think someone wrote up the how to on this site. It was fairly easy Good Luck. Bob

Latest posts