My new ride!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
I wish!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't play in the NBA and make buttloads of cash.... But Mike Bibby does! He's been driving this to the games lately. Sweet, huh?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And with some of the other stuff that's there in the building, it's like an exotic car showroom sometimes!!! :)

Just another reason why I love my job!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

(Gotta love the cardboard Monarchs promotion in the background!)

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ,

I'm an employee of Maloof Sports & Entertainment. I bartend at ARCO Arena, home of the NBA's Sacramento Kings and the WNBA's League Champion Monarchs. The Monterey Blue Ferrari belongs to Joe Maloof, one of the brothers in the family that owns the team. The players all have sweet rides they drive to work from time to time. Last season, Bobby Jackson was in a yellow Ferrari that he was 'test driving'. Chris Webber used to have a few nice rides... Scott Pollard had a collection of old Caddy's... Like I said, it's like a car collection downstairs some nights!

Q,

What waste of money? Those are sweet rides!

And damn straight if I had the money, I'd be buying up sweet cars like that too!

[Broken External Image]:

DJ,

I've spoken briefly with Vlade Divac, Chris Webber, Scott Pollard and Coach Adelman. I don't even know most of the players, especially this year, as I don't follow basketball much. I'd talked to Scott Pollard at my family's restaurant before, so when I saw him at the arena, we'd say 'Hi' to each other.

I've had several 'Celebrity Brushes With Greatness' (sorry Dave Letterman) in the 6 seasons I've been there. Officially, I'm not 'allowed' to talk to the players or performers. (I can be fired for doing so.) But I've said "Hi" in passing to Andre Aggassi, Hulk Hogan, Gwen Stefani, spoke briefly with Carlos Santana, and I met & shook hands with Eddie Van Halen last year on my birthday, Those are the ones I can remember...

I worked a private party Metallica had for their friends when they played ARCO on their last tour, since they are from Northern California, and got to watch Lars do interviews and made a bunch of money AND got to watch the show!!!

Part of my job includes working in the luxury suites bartending, (especially during playoffs) and in the suites I've met former Cal. Goveror Grey Davis, baseball great Reggie Jackson, Ray Crockett of the Kansas City Chiefs, (not knowing who he was, and calling football players 'sissies'... That led to a fun conversation... and a BIG tip!)

And the best part... I spoof both Robin Leach (Lifestyles of the Rich & Shameless) & current Kollyfornya Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger and had <b>BOTH</b> of them in my suite on the same night!! (Talk about getting a bunch of new comedy material first hand!) I had to spoof Robin Leach <b>FOR</b> Robin Leach... and he gave me a cool autograph for doing so!

Just ANOTHER perk of my job!