my Sport Trac hauls.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Church

Reaction score
a whole lot of stuff!!!!!!

had to make a run to the Home Depot today in an attempt to repair my yard due to a recent in-ground pool installation. I ended up with all of the following either inside the cab or in the cargo bed:

30 bags of cypress mulch

10 metal edging (10 ft each in length)

12 tiki torches

1 wheelbarrow wheel

4 seat cushions

2 lounge cushions

1 sprinkler repair kit and assorted sprinkler heads

2 self-closing gate latches

1 metal yard rake

for such a "small" truck this thing does everything I need and more!!!! :lol::D;)

[Broken External Image]:

and here's the finished pool with the start of landscaping...

next up...........sod replacement. I wonder how many square yds of turf my ST will hold??:lol::lol:

[Broken External Image]:

Looks good man, Good job.... my address is.....:lol::lol:

Last week I brought home a full pallet of topsoil and that retaining wall block. The trailer and all was over 4K lbs. The st did perfect...

Todd Z

The Trac's bed is about 1 yard. Here is a Trac with a yard of dirt in the bed.

[Broken External Image]:

A word of warning. If you have a stock suspension, I do not recomend doing what I have done. I have Airlift Airbags on my Trac.

Tom

good call on the mulch, i hope u used weed block under it, so u never have to pull weeds through the mulch.

i hate when i cut grass and i get the clipping in the pool, when i weedwack it and blow it

thank god its an abandonded pool. the owner didnt open it up this year

Caymen,

You are right about carrying a load of dirt like that with a stock suspension. I did a similar thing in my 02 ST a couple of months ago and I have the stock suspension. I didn't do any damage, but she was sitting really low. It was also very tough to keep on the road, the back end was all over the place. It wasn't fun.

It all worked out though.

MTURocks,

Those airbags I have really work. If you, or anyone else, hauls alot of heavy stuff I do recomend getting Airlift Airbags.

Tom

I just have the stock suspension so I won't be loading it up too much more than I already have. I'll be picking up one pallet of sod tomorrow and probably another this weekend, then I should be finished! At least when I'm working in the yard I can do the Nestea plunge and cool off for a little bit.

Latest posts