My Sport Trac!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well, thanks to everyone that did a project, or helped me in any way with installing some of the mods ive done to my truck. I truely appreciate it!

I thought i'd show off some of the newest things i've done to my ST to date. Some are kinda blurry, will take better daylight pics next time...

This is the IVA-D310 I just finished installing today! Cant really see the switches but they are there, and lookin good!

[Broken External Image]:

Not new, but this is a shot of the JL Audio 13W7

[Broken External Image]:

Here you can see the passenger side with the DVD Screen Installed, and Sub Box Shot...

[Broken External Image]:

Some Exterior Shots....

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Here are the newly install PIAA Silicon Wipers Installed Today ;)

[Broken External Image]:

Here you can see I finally fixed my rear quarter panel! Didnt even take it off, and did the painting/repairs myself... Also, notice ive covered over the FORD symbol on the back. I painted the entire tailgate, but this would be a simple mod if you wanted to just paint the plastic peice after filling with bondo-glass.

[Broken External Image]:

A better shot from the back...

[Broken External Image]:

Thru the back window - IVA-D310/Rear Billet Brake Light Cover ;)

[Broken External Image]:

Under the hood...

[Broken External Image]:

Thats if for now. Comments welcome.

Again thanks for all the advise, comments, and help i've recieved to make this all possible!

Ouch these pics went blurry when uploaded, damn!

Anyone know why this happened? They are clear on my side 640x480

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Where did you buy the APC Tail Lights? I've been looking for taillights with the carbon fiber like the ones you have installed, but I can't find any, even on ebay, that will ship to a military installation. BTW...your pictures don't look blurry.

C2

Yeah on my wifes PC they arent blurry either... it must be my laptop widescreen making it look funny...

I bought these taillights on ebay... they were actually really inexpensive, and havent had anything problems with them at all... Not sure who delivers to military addresses... Ill let you know if I figure one out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, I like your ST. You have done some great work with it. I love the speaker in the back. How does it sound? Also, looks like a smooth, clean job on the back tailgate. Good job with everything.

Looks good!:)

What did you use to fill in the oval on the tailgate panel?

Your's is Silver Frost, right?

Mookie... Its a simple mod for sure...

I basically pulled off the logo, removed the double sided tape that holds it there, sanded the crap outta the void... filled it with something called BONDO-GLASS, which is supposedly 10x stronger than bondo alone... its fiberglass mixed into the bondo of course... used that to fill the void, then regular bondo on top for smoothness, primed, painted... If you are just going to do this part you just have to do the plastic part of the tailgate, but mine had other damage so I painted the entire tailgate...

Honesly, if you have the paint, this project would take about 2hrs from start to finish to do.

Tommy... Thanks for the compliments!

Uhmm this sub is AMAZING. Ive been into car audio since I was 16, and now am 32...

I would honestly say in comparison to every other sub i've ever owned (there are lots) that this is the best sounding subwoofer overall, gets REALLY loud, and has excellent SQ....

Beware, at 1000W it is intollerable to turn it to the maximum for an extended period of time for me, and i like it loud.

When I first was testing out how loud it would go, id listen to it FULL BLAST for a couple mins, and when I got out of the truck I was light headed and dizzy ;)

But at the lower volumes I applaud JL on this creation... They've done a great job, and the mounting system is incredible. I always hated seeing screws ;)

I paid $600 for it on ebay, brand new. Well worth every cent. Especially when locally they sell this subwoofer for $1600.00 (No word of a lie)

The amp, the JL 1000/1 I got for $600 as well, locally $2400!!! (Needless to say I buy all my car audio online)

Lemme know if you have any other questions!