My wonderful Paint Job

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Bialas

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I posted a message about this before the server crashed, but it was lost. Not covered under warranty (over 36000 miles).:angry:

Has this happened to anyone else?

2005 Adrenalin, you know the color!

-Shawn

dude this is insane. I have a 2004 4x4 oxford white like yours and i have the exact problem in the exact same place. when i looked at your post i thought it was mine and i had forgotten about it or something. then i thought you had just posted one of my pics. mine isnt covered under warrantee either. but its not rusting so for now im not fixing it. let me know what you do to fix it because i will eventually

My 02 ST looks like that too, but it also has an approx. 2" x 3" circular spot about 2.5" above the windshield. However I think this is just part of the shoddy repair work some idiot did when the truck was wrecked before I owned it.

I've had this truck since new, so this is a factory defect from our 'friends' at ford.

Eddie, I know it's a truck, but it is nice to clean it every now and then! :lol:

The roof is considered part of the truck. You should wash the roof when you wash the rest of the truck! A long handle with a brush on the end works just fine when working from the bed. Try it sometime!

I would call Ford Cause sound like problem. Chevrolet used to have the same issue and if you was the first owner they would pickup some the cost. I used to work for pontiac dearlership bodyshop and we would strip the white down to primer then repaint. We were told that it was cause the paint wasn't thick enough?

I have owned 3 Tracs, all with power roofs, no paint issues on the roof.

Must be a common issue based on others having the same issue in the same locations.