Myth busters

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrel Chaney01

Reaction score
On Myth busters tonight they used that assault vehicle that was posted on here a few days ago. I beleive that post was on Road Rage. Anyway the myth was on "Easy as shooting fish in a barrel". They proved the myth to be true. Then they went to their over the top test. That is when they used the assault vehicle. Needless to say the barrel didn't make it and only the fish head survied. One thing for sure, with all the shell casings coming out the front of the gun, the driver might have a little problem seeing. I don't know for sure, since I don't know much about guns.

That's why the assault vehicle is an expedition/excursion, because if you can't see and you hit anything, odds are you're going to drive away, and whatever villain/bystander/property you mowed down isn't going to.

Better yet, with that much surplus Vitamin Lead, and the philantropic ideals to share it with everyone, the gunner can just obliterate anything in the car's path, so the driver won't have to worry about seeing, as there won't be anything to hit.

Is that really a myth though? Shooting fish in a barrel just seemed to be an expression, instead of a legend/myth. I could easily see the non-scientific guys on the show semanticizing the expression to using a huge barrel with a small, underpowered firearm (or a water pistol even). Apparently they did not go to that low here...though I wouldn't put it past them, especially the one with the beret. I question his sexuality at some points, on a complete tangent.

Kevin,

As it turned out, even just using a 9mm, the shock wave inside the barrel is enough to kill all the fish.

Latest posts