Napier Truck Tent Purchase...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
So I made a purchase of this tent accessory that they make for our trucks last week on Monday. I received it on Thursday. Ordered it straight from the link below. Cost was $59 and shipping was $35. Not a bad deal if I say so myself. I took the liberty of installing it today to see how easy it was. And well, it was very easy. Something to use on my next camping trip, for sure. I have one question for those who have/had this tent. Well I am wondering what did you use for sleeping on? IE: air mattress, foam or something else. And without further ado, here are 2 pictures. One of the truck and another with me and my girlfriend.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Used one in the back of my Dodge Mega Cab out in Glamis. It was nice to be off the ground away from the Scorpions and snakes and other nightly crawleys. They only issue we had was we were slightly faced uphill so all night long we kept sliding down to the foot of the tent. We just used a foam pad but an air matress would be better to get you above the bed ridges.

I would think in a SportTrac my feet would hang off the tailgate or just be tight.

I dont have a tent. But I would go for the air mattress. The bed power port can drive the pump. It will store away smaller than the foam.

BeerDelivery,

I had one for the back of my 91 ranger. It was a little bigger than that one lol.

I used an air mattress and it fit between the wheel wells perfectly on the Ranger.

By the way, the picture in the Napier Sportz add is my very own Sport Trac. We took the picture two years ago while camping at Humarock Beach.

[Broken External Image]:

Looks good. An air mattress should be fine, heck we have a power port in the bed to plug in a compressor.

I'm thinking my feet are going to hang out past the tailgate if I got one. The wife and I do the tent thing for the races at Bristol. We each have our own 'cause I snore.

I had a nice big tent this past year, and I went thru the whole thing sealing the seams, and everything. Took it to the campsite, and after the first nite, I was soaked. It leaked like crazy, and I wound up sleeping in the truck anyway. So if this thing is less prone to leaking, and is built good quality, that for $85 dollars, I may get one.

air mattress size

perfect fit is a Coleman suv/packable quickbed goes beteen wheel wells and cover whole bed to end of tail gate got it a academy sports and outdoors on sale for $25.00 dimensions are 41inx70x6 enjoy sport trac homies..

Latest posts