NASCAR and the Ford Mustang

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Look what is "planned" (not set in stone yet) to be running the Nationwide Racing Series for NASCAR some of 2010 and all 2011 and up. Awesome

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very good. As of now it is not to run until Daytona in July. It is the new car of tomorrow for the Nationwide Series. Not definite yet, but camaro and challenger are suppose to join the new Mustang along with toys camry.

"We had been talking with NASCAR for some time about Mustang as part of its vision for a 'muscle car' rollout for the Nationwide Series.

Mustang and Challenger may qualify, but Chevy Impala and Toyota Camry, "muscle cars", I don't think so...

Pretty cool "Pony Car".

Assume Roush/Fenway is involved?

All of NASCAR is evolving into gloified IROC. All the same, races are boring, caution with 3 laps to go.

There is a CNBC show about NASCAR that I saw last night. Talk about being blind to reality. Trying to blame the 25% drop in attendance and the drop in TV viewership by saying it is the economy won't fly. People are bored with the COT and the parity. The days of the "Good Ol Boys" are gone.

All corporate B.S. now

(wanna know what I really think.....:)

ss

I think it's about time they went to an actual production car instead of making a 4-door sedan into a 2-door. When Ford dropped the T-bird and went to the Taurus, I was one of those fans that was not pleased. At least have SOME semblance of a real car!

Trouble is, none of the manufacturers now make a production car (larger-than-ponycar two-door coupe) that fits the traditional NASCAR mold (Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, T-Bird, Two-door Charger, etc.). So that's why they've adapted four-door sedans to NASCAR (Taurus/Fusion, Impala, four-door Charger, Camry, etc.) I can't even remember the last time there was Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth vehicle in NASCAR that was based on an actual production model.

Wasn't the term "stock car" used in recent memory? Instead of the acronym NFL, "not for long", it's more like "not any longer". Aside of the "resemblance" of a consumer model, their are no similarities today. None. Hard to believe these vehicles are "naturally aspirated" to this day. Max fuel consumption 5 MPG.

WTH is a carburetor? IMO, still the most competitive and entertaining form of auto racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
nascar SUCKS and has sucked for the past 5 years at least.

they blame attendance being down at the tracks on the economy

if this is the case then why isnt viewership up? doesnt cost much

to turn the TV on does it?

nascar got big business involved and they have ruined it,

the long time fans ( 35 years) such as myself no longer tune in.

they have rules that they selectively enforce, they do things to cause

wrecks uhhh i mean "boost the level of competition", they accuse

people of doing drugs with a drug policy that is completely all over

the place and makes absolutely no sense, they put decals on the front

and back of a car and that makes it a stock car.:blink:

LOL and they think its the economy:wacko:.