NASCAR Racer Jeremy Mayfield Suspended For Drug Abuse

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I think it is a sad day for Mayfield and Nascar...... I hope it is just the mix of prescription and over the counter drugs that gave the reading....

Would be sad for Nascar Fans to see him gone...

I don't promote ANY drug use and if it is fact, then he should be gone for ever....

Thoughts ??

Todd Z

i dont follow nascar enough... i've never heard of the guy b4. but regardless i'm with you. drugs n sports shouldn't be tolerated. :angry:

Mayfield showed promise early in his Nascar career. Five wins in "Winston", "Nextel" and "Sprint" Cup Series racing since 1993. None in the "Nationwide" Series. Like others vanished into oblivion.

A very "AVERAGE", if that, race car driver that could "potentially" win today if he were driving for the "premier" teams with the "best" equipment. I.E.- Hendrick, Gibbs, Roush-Fenway, etc. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
how can drugs help a NASCAR driver in his performance? Just curious?

If what Mayfield says is true, he was treating an illness and inadvertently mixed medications which resulted in a test failure. I don't believe the substances to be steroids, but medication that may inhibit your reaction time or create drowsiness.

However, Manny was taking female fertility drugs, so who knows what these people are taking...

Wow. That sure screws things up. Now they're going have to rewrite all the scripts for the races.

As much as the old-school drivers used to drink the night before and race hung-over.....

Seriously though, if you do coke or smoke weed that can mess with your reaction time and get you or somebody killed. And do you want a driver going into 'roid rage on the track?

Funny thing is Lee Trevino and John Daly won golf tournaments after sleepless nights in the local pub. They even claimed to have been "buzzing" at the first tee. Don't know if grain alcohol is considered an "enhancing" substance though. Good point regarding how these "substances" could benefit a NASCAR driver. If anything, it would only impair their judgement , make them a liability, and downright dangerous on the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could have been anything really.....It could be a substance to help endurance or something to keep him awake.

As far as Manny is concerned, that "fertility" drug he claims he was on is a KNOWN substance that steroid users take to jump start their testicles again because the roids suppress them.......

Nascar is a joke, how many remember Tim Richmond? and also remember what the nascar powers that be did to that poor guy:angry:.

if what mayfield did was so bad then release what drugs he allegedly had in his system.

i eat poppy seed bagels all the time fortunately they dont drug test at my job or i would

have a fight on my hands.

that page is perfect, i worked for stavola bros "miller high life racing team" back in the 80s and had the pleasure of seeing Tim win his last race at pocono.

he was an amazing race driver and was really coming in to his own when he was diagnosed

and i cant help but think that if he stayed in his prime Dale Sr wouldnt have won 7 championships.

reading that you see how nascar works, personally i think its time to release mayfields results

and see if its really drug related or just nascar being the A-holes they are known to be

From what I have heard it was Claratin D with some scrip drugs. Nascar is looking into the problem and the final word is not out yet. I hope the best for him, loved it when he bumped Earnhart Sr. out of the way to win his first race at Pocono. Granted he may be an average driver, but with the right equipment he could contend.