Navigation on Gen 2 with sync

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAY VELASQUEZ

Reaction score
Well, I bought a Sport Trac Adrenalin and it's great. Does anyone know what I need to install aftermarket navigation with Sync?

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, money...

Seriously, I don't know, but would like to know more about installing a nav system and retaining the steering wheel button functions, etc.

I think you can get a better nav unit, but not sure if they will work with SYNC. A new unit can do stuff with your phone and Ipod but the steering wheel controls would be ineffective. Try and contact "swhawaiin", I think he's the stereo guy! Good luck, Bob ;)

I have a Pioneer in dash nav unit with ipod, bluetooth, satellite, and steering wheel interface. Your features will depend on the unit you install. But I don't think the sync can be functional. You can opt for the factory unit, they are on ebay and craigslist. Then add at least a $100 for the unit to be programmed for your vehicle and options. The new units are Sony and have a hard drive for music, but I'm not sure of the application issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts