need advice?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette lopez 2

Reaction score
hi everyone i drove by a chevy dealer and they had a 05 burgendy ST XLT for sell. it has 16,594 miles for 23,995 and the question is i just bought my 01 ST of april 05. and i still owe ruffly 11,000 for it. and i want to go by and see if they can do anything to get me out of my contract and in to this newer ST. has anyone done this before and or do you all think this i possible to get out of one and into the other. the reason iam looking towards the other one is due to because i'v read that the 01's has many problems with them and i dont want to get stuck with it. and having it nickel and dime me to death. so any advice on this i sure will appreciate it. thanks all.

Usually your dealer will take care of it as your trade-in. You need to negotiate a trade-in price for your 2001 that is over the $11,000 you owe. The dealer will then pay off your current lien and apply anything over to the new one. Unfortunately, the 2001 doesn't blue book as a trade-in for much more than $11K, so you have to see what kind of deal you can cut.

Hi Paulette, would hate to see you jump ship and leave this forum, you sound like a real nice lady. You mentioned that you already had your transmission fixed by Ford and if the correct updates were put in with proper maintenance you should be fine for the life of the truck. That's the biggy and the only other real know issues I'm aware of are the timing chain and fuel pump. Chime in here folks but my guess is that if you're not having those problems now you are probably good to go. The rest seems like normal wear that you will get with any truck. I do wish the balljoints had grease fittings though :p

You know I've recently weighed out my options as well and bottom line is I love the ST, it fits me like a glove for my lifestyle. I'm putting very few miles on mine and plan on doing the trani updates well before they become a big problem.

Whatever you do, best of luck.

Tim

TimR,

I think she'd be trading her 01 ST in for an 05 ST that just happens to be at a Chevy dealer, she'd still be part of our community here..

Be careful at the dealer. You need to ensure that they pay off your current truck for you. You will probably come out better selling the '01 private party and just financing the newer truck. That all depends on whether your finances will allow? As eledhel noted, the blue book for trade in isn't much over 11k and the dealer is looking to resell. Just my opinion.;)

Hate to say this but dealers love people like you Ladybug. They will gladly negotiate with you but you can bet they will be the only ones that come out ahead.

thanks everyone for you input. but i decided to just keep the 01 and just injoy it. and if anything major comes up i'll just fix it as we go.. i really like my st. alot. but i was just checking out my options, but as i talked to the dealer. the truck would cost me at least 28,000 so im just going to keep with my 01. i just thought i could get out of my 01. but i don't have the heart to bail on her.. so we'll stay together. another thing on my 01 71,000 miles isnt that bad it? for a 01 ok once again thanks for all your input. from paulette

Hi everyone i have a update on my needing advice. well i did it. i traded my 01 ST for the 05 sporttrac.. took some doing but i did it. and i glad i did. cause i had more problems with my 01 today. ( sunday) i just went by to see what kind a deal they can give me. and i got a pretty do deal.. so im happy.... well just wanted to update everyone.. so talk to you all later

Latest posts