Need Audio Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Thomas

Reaction score
I got the Metra adaptor so I would hook my factory sub and amp up to my aftermarket

head unit, Pioneer DEH-P43. I can't get any volume on the other speakers without the sub blasting. I have no volume controls for the sub. I unhooked the sub and amp and the other speakers worked fine. How can I fix this? Or is there a fix? Thanks.

I'm not sure if the door speakers are amplified or not with that system. Did you put in the HU or did someone else do it?? If someone else did it I wonder if they bypassed the amplifier to put it in?

you can install the peripheral part number PRC1. this part is a audio adjustment level knob. alot like the old bass knobs on the amplifiers. we here at peripheral electronics also offer an SVEN2 which is a transistor controlled 2 channel line level adapter which will allow gain adjustment as well. email me or post a reply if you need more info.

MPTonyT is right. Get one to turn down the sub. It's overpowering the rest of the speakers. Plus it'll save your sub. It's probably taking a beating (no pun intended) right now.;)

I've installed it. I put the resistor on today and got the "pop" sound to stop. MPTonyT, I need to know which would be easier to install and where could I get either part.

Thanks

The aftermarket radio should have a control for sub under audio settings, unless it is older. I would look in the owners manuel of the HU.

pg. 36-37 on link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the manual and mine is the older model. The control on my unit would come up if I had an after market set up. So it looks like I will have to let go :wacko: and spend some more money on what I have or just keep the sub unplugged. Thank you for all your help. :blink::blink::blink:

most of the time when installers do a premium system they hook the sub up directly to the front speakers. can you fade to front or rear and it cuts out? more than likely if you do not have sub controls and you need them you will need the SVEN2 which is just a 2 channel line level adapter. then if you use that in conjunction with the PRC1 it will allow you to have the capability to turn the subs down or up. i know that is a big deal to me especially on those days when im hung over and the bass is too much. also now that i think about it. you can also use the premium harnesss into a PRC1 depends. is there a way you can let me know what harness is in the vehicle? if its an 2002 should be the they two white plugs right? if so you can use the BHA5700R http://bestkits.com/i/BHA5700R.jpg and then also use the PRC1 and you should be fine. thats the cheapest way out and will still sound great.

It won't fade at all. The original harness is in. On the sub the top plug is gray and the bottom is white. And yes, it's an 02 Trac.

Thank you for your help.