NEED HELP on my A/C !!! :-(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st trac

Reaction score
my a/c is sucking up air from outside!! :-(

i can always smell the smoke and the odor mrom the ouside on my 2001 ST.. what do i need to do? :(

what do u mean max ing it out? how do u do that? i have 4 levels on the left knob and i always put the right knob on ac.. are there settings on it to keep the outside air not to go in?

Yes, A/C Max recirculates the air from inside the cabin. Our STs don't have cabin air filters so you will always smell outside odors if you have it set to bring in air from the outside vent. Just remember to run the system often in a vented (fresh air) mode often, otherwise mold will begin to grow in your system and then the incoming air will smell horrible in all modes.

I don't know about yours, but my control (an '04) has the following settings as you turn it clock-wise:

A/C Max

A/C

Vent

Off

Defrost

Heat (floor)

You will NEVER shut off that. IT is a fresh air intake that is built into most cars so you cant suffocate from the exhaust fumes...

Todd Z

probme is, it so open that when i get near a car in fron of me, i smell their fumes and i have to shut my a/c off whenever that happens and when i see that there is an upcoming smoke that im sure ill smell inside. cant i change any part of my a/c so that it wont happen? i mean i dont think thats normal because i have other cars that i dont smell outside fumes.. sorry for being oc but its really bugging me.. :-(

yes, you must put your ac on the MAX setting, the max ac setting, this will re use the inside air in the truck, you may just have to move the temp dial to a warmer setting, IT will get cold in the truck..

Todd Z

Some vehicles make it easy for you to understand. They have A/C AND a separate inside recycle/outside air switch. The Trac doesn't. BTW, the A/C will be on even in Heat mode when the setting is on Upper/Lower vent setting. That's the first selection to the right of OFF. Don't ask me why they do that. I call it stupid, others may have a different work or actually may like it that way.

Latest posts