Need help replacing front bumper cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraEd Swank

Reaction score
Well, we need to replaced the front bumper cover since the Trac was hit in the right front. The headlight and turn signal assemblies were broken. We have those on order. But the bumper cover is split pretty good and we'll have to replace that.

Ed found them on the web, primed for paint and shipped for about $300. Can anyone tell me if this is a resonably simple swap? It appears to be no more thatn some clips and screws since it is a cover only and nothing related to body or bumper integrity. If anyone may have experience with this, I'd love to hear from you.

Also, these are primed pieces. We will need to have the upper portion painted Island blue. But the bottom portion gets painted also from the looks of it. Is there a paint code for the grey cladding on the 2001 Trac? I always thought that it was molded in that gray color, but the replacement covers look like black primer. Any help would be appreciated.

Laura

They are showing you different pieces, the one for your truck does not require any paint on the lower cladding...

As far as removal, Remove the lights and markers, and simple screws and bolts, and clips...

Should take no time at all to remove..

You also may want to contact CoastieJoe (kevin) He may find you a used one in island blue ( no need to paint)

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys...

I don't have the time myself until late tomorrow, but one time about two years ago I posted a lengthy post on the exact steps to remove the front fascia since I did mine for paint and the Trenz grille install. Try to find it with a search.

Also, I would look at Ron Brezina's Trenz grille install project on the site for more cover removal details.

If you can't find my post fire back and I'll go through the steps the best I can from memory...

Mark

Latest posts