Need help with 1992 crown vic with no brake lights.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter Edders

Reaction score
I hate to bother you guys but I know there are a lot of smarties on this site. My neighbor has a 1992 crown victoria with no brake lights. The third brake light is also out. The flashers and turn signals both work. I checked the switch on the brake pedal and it passes the 12 volts when pressed. There is power there with the car shut off and the fuse is good. I don't know where it goes after that. This should be the same switch that turns off the cruise control so I'm having him check that on the way to work.

I'm hoping someone knows this answer.

Thanks,

Walter

Cash for clunkers trade in..? (OK, Just kidding, but I had to do it...) Sorry :lol:

As Mark said, Turn signal switch is most likely...

As noted above, in the case of the Crown Vic, once the power goes through the brake pedal it goes to the turn signal switch and then the flasher unit based on the location of the turn signal switch.

It passes through the switch to the default location unless you have it in a turn position, then it would go through the flasher.

If I am not mistaken the power for the third brake lamp does not pass through the turn signal switch, it supplies power directly from the brake light switch. Check the bulb in your third brake light, if it is burnt replace it and then if only the third brake light comes on you have a bad turn signal switch.

Latest posts