Need help....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff delMar

Reaction score
So both the gf and I drive the trac and its been having problems of not being able to turn over and start up. A couple of times the gf got lucky and waited it out and the trac ended up starting up. Another time, we had to get it towed home. We replaced the battery and it worked. However a day later, I go and start the trac and it starts up but bogs all the way down and the trac just dies. We cleaned the idle sensor and the maf sensor but that didnt do anything. Does anyone have any input as to what the heck is going on? The trac is an 03 with about 49k miles on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would have fuel pressure tested.

I use one of these, works well , check link

Last edited by a moderator:
Harbor Freight has a fuel pressure test kit. $10 or $12( I forgot exact amount), with the adapters needed for most cars and trucks. I have one, it is a good kit. Never needed it for the Trac. I have used it on freinds and family cars.

edit; $15 now

Yes it turns over but it just bogs down and dies. I really hope its not the fuel pump and I dont have the equipment to pull any codes. I have not replaced the fuel filter either. Thanks for the input guys and if there is anyone else that would like to chime in with their input it will be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:

I tried to start it up again and now its back to just cranking and not turning over all the way.. this is getting really frustrating!

UPDATE PART 2:

My uncle came over and the truck just turned on.... I really dont know what is going on here. Im going to try replacing the fuel filter and hopefully that works

Latest posts