need help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis devora

Reaction score
i have a question and i need your opinions

i have a 2007 explorer sportrac 4.6 since i had the truck i had a lot of problems and i was wondering if it qualifies as a lemon

the hood was painted because the paint was coming off.

the roof was painted because the paint was coming off.

the weather stripping on the rear passenger door fell off.

the side molding from the passenger rear was coming off and was replaced.

the driver lumbar suport lever broke and was replaced.

the transsmission was leaking oil from the rear main seal.

the transsmission is jerking.. took it to get fixed but still jerking. not fixed yet

the paint is coming of the the rear tail area. not fixed yet

there is a hole in the exhaust. not fixed yet

im tired of going to the dealership

spending time and money on gas

the dealeship also broke my front windshield and cut my headliner and did not bother to tell me about it.

there is also evidence that the truck was painted on the passenger side bed because there is paint crease on the side molding. and the paint also look diffrent from the rest of the truck.

i love the truck but im tired of all these problems.

so what do you guy think.....:unsure:

I don't know much about lemon laws, but there's a consumer rights radio show that gives out great information and can sometimes assist with problems. I'd give them a call during the shows broadcast:

I think you have to take a vehicle to the dealer for repairs of the "same" defect 3 times before it qualifies under the lemon law, and assume the guidelines are fairly strict, for example, the side molding issue would probably not make it a lemon, but if you have serious issues with the tranny, it might work.

Asjimp touched on, most lemon laws say the same item 3 times.

In other words, if the tranny goes and they fix it and it is fine, no lemon. If they fix everything two times, it still does not qualify as a lemon.

Unless the same issue that is fixed three time and it is still not fixed, that is a lemon.

Check the lemon law in your state.

Tom

Many of the Lemon Laws have been changed to include multiple trips on multiple items. Though the 3 trips for the same it is the norm, some states it has to be 7 trips.

So you need to pull th lemon law from your state as you MAY qualify under the "multiple" clause...

WOW! I have the same truck and have only had problems with the tranny jerking... it's been fixed (several times) :angry:

Wow. I've never had that many problems with any vehicle in my life. I would do everthing you could to get Ford to give you your money back for that POS.

Luis, I'm assuming it is still under warranty because it's an 07. I would leave it there and tell tham to FIX IT. Keep turning it in for repair and keep a good log of your trips for repair. If not satisfied, I would start making calls to Ford and the Better Business Bureau. If all else fails see if you can find a lawyer who has dealt with this type of issue in the past.