need info for 2wd spindle lift please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
Hello. I am hoping someone can help me with some information. I've used the search feature and got some idea of what i need to know but would like more. I am wanting to lift my sport trac using the spindle lift for front and whatever I need for the rear. If someone gets real bored sometime & would like to explain to me what I need (piece by piece), Where to get it & how to do it, I would be eternaly grateful. Maybe I could return the favor sometime. I know I will need spindles for a Ranger Edge (right?) What about changing the rotors or calipers? Where do I get those? How hard is doing the spindles and rotors and/or calipers? What about the rear? Is it "add a leafs" I need? Where & how hard to do? Thanks for any help everyone. Anyone got any photos of a trac with the spindle lift or spindle lift and body lift combo? Thanks again.

well theres two differant companies that make the spindle lift. Fabtech and camburg.

fabtech is around 400 for the front spindles you will need the one for the ranger edge yr 2001. The calipers are the same so do need to buy new ones. the rotors are differant and you need to buy for ranger 2001 rotors 11.25 in.

the camburg is the way I went I have 3.5 in lift spindles and new upper control arm. You will have to press your old spindle shaft out of the spindle and replace in into the new spindle. I like this kit pushes the tires out 1.5 in on each side. this kit is 1950.00 plus tax and shipping. and it is only the front with spindles, shocks, and limit straps.

for the back of the trac I used a warrior shackle it was 2.25 in lift and it is pretty level. the ride is much better up here though. Hope that helped. Will post pics of myu kit if you need some more info. heres the camburg link www.camburg.com and fabtechs link is www.fabtechmotorsports.com

Ryan - if you could, I'd love to see a few pictures of those upper control arms. I'm getting ready to do the spinde lift too - I'm looking at going with the Pro Comp spindles and Add-A-Leaf system. I was thinking about finding a shop that could do the fabrication for the control arms, and Camburg is only about 1/2 an hour away from me, so maybe I'll check them out for that part of it. Thanks.

Nate

i know a guy that makes 3" spindles for st but they arent on the market yet and he charges $310 and they r specifically for our trucks so you do NOT have to replace the rotors...email me and ill give you his contact info. peace

p.s. they arent some back yard made thing either hes got a company and a really nice shop, he just doesnt have any mass distributors yet so u gota contact him directly...hes got other stuff too so in the email just let him kno what ur lookin for, he can get you fittin 35's just tell him if thats somethin ud like to do and he'll tell u how, what u need, and how much $

Latest posts