NEED NEW LAPTOP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as Toshiba goes. I am on my seconf one in five years, first lasted four years and had a major crash. Did not have time to fix it so I bought another. Things slowed down, restored the original and my daughter is using it every day.

I fly five days a week and my computer is on several hours a day. Toshiba has been very good for me.

I would buy another if I was looking...

My Toshiba has been rock solid, it is almost 4 years old now and I will be buying another this winter.

from my experience stay away from toshiba,compaq/HP and gateway.

that medion looks pretty good for the price, quite a bit of extra

bells and whistles. have not seen any in person yet.

i have found no problems with Dell's other than normal wear and tear

issues, i know some people have had problems but on a whole for the amount

of units they sell their returns ratio is actually low.

ny problem with Dell is if you do finance their interest rate is extremely high.

sony makes a really nice unit and i have seen very few problems other than age

related issues.

one other thing to keep in mind Vista is more of a memory hog than XP was

anything under 1G isnt going to cut it for multi tasking personally i would go

no less than 2G of memory.

but thats just my 2 cents and YMMV

Medion bandwagon here as well. They are big on the other side of the pond..or so I have read.

My Medion desktop is 4 years old, no problems and it has more bells, whistles, inputs, outputs, etc than I know what to do with. Have been looking into the laptop just waiting for the official word that I will be going from contractor to perm in current job then can spend like a drunken sailor. Apologies to any sober sailors.

TNSport,

If not too late, check out various sales TODAY!

It seems the first Friday in November has become a prelim to Black Friday for many retailers (Best Buy, WalMart). Supplies are limited on items in these stores, and they are having a one day sale, but it should be good.

For example, today, WalMart has an Acer laptop for $348.

Details at their website.

TJR

Latest posts