Need opinions on pin striping

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike oyler

Reaction score
I need a little help in choosing a color of pin striping. I have an 05 XLT in a Dark Stone metalic. I can't decide what color of pin striping would look the best. Please give me your opinions.

Thanks, Mike 0[Broken External Image]:

My opinion: pin stripes went out with curb feelers.

Edit: I'm providing a photo for folks that are too young to know what I am talking about. :D

7ef344dc9839c46a510736013419acfb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Curb feelers were in?

I think it would look good if you could have them almost match your cladding. It's dark, but not as dark as the vehicle, and IMO, would look good.

I think pin striping looks good if it's just a accent. Not over-done. Maybe a thin line on each side would look good.

Nice half-a-Trac... Please try resizing to 640x480. :)

And 'nix-nay' on the stripes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check with one of our site sponsors, SeattleSportTrac. He has many different colors of pin striping to offer through his web site, linked below. He'll even send you free samples to help you decide if you ask him nicely, right SST?:D

I'd go silver or light grey. I think it would compliment the Dark Stone metallic well. By the way, I love that color. Wish they had it back in 02 when I bought my ST.

Use a silver or light gray stripe, that might work best. if you need a pattern, you can see how mine was done.

Have a good one

Bob

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks everyone, It looks like the gray or silver is the top choices. I think I'll go with the gray. I'm just going to do the cab because I don't want to over do it.

Teddy, they are vent shades I got off off of ebay for $38.00 deliverd.

Thanks again everybody!, Mike O

Late reply, however I have a 05 Dark Stone as well. You can have a look at my pics of silver/gray 4x4 I have put on. See if ya like before ya buy. The eyes were a thought so I added them staying with the silver theme. Some may like, some may not. Anyhow have a look.

Latest posts