Need Quick Advice on Hub Leak Repair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 05 is in the shop for routine maintenance and mechanic is saying my Front right hub assembly is leaking. Quoted me at $278 for repair. What should I do? Need quick replies. Thank you.

thanks for your input! And get this, I had Monroe Sensatracs put on my truck about 3 years ago by PepBoys during their "Shocktober Special". The mechanic says the shocks installed are not Monroe's, as the sensatracs are usually blue in color. Mine are black and apparently very rusted. Guess I'll be going to Pepboys later to figure this all out! Anyone's Sensatracs black in color with no stickers indicating Monroe? The mechanic said he took pictures for me. . . . one thing after another . . .

Good Morning you can buy a new hub for $122 at rock auto timken roller bearing its not a big deal to change one.. took me less then a half an hour. I also put Monroe Sensatrac's on my trac they are black right out of the box, mine are less then a year old and they too are rusty. If you decide to do the hub yourself you can by the Hub removal tool at Amazon for about $60 makes things alot easier for hubs or half shafts. Good luck just wanted to throw in my 2 cents in.

I recall that the outter tube of the shocks has a stamping with the Monroe icon and the part number of the shock on the side near the upper mount.

Monroe SensaTrac shocks are definitely black, the entry level Monroe Matic Plus model is blue. NAPA sells the identical shock as their "Response" model.

Don't believe rust would be covered under warranty, but "wear-out" is. Were the shocks OK when new? Contact Monroe or the store where you bought them.

Tenneco Inc. warrants qualifying Monroe? products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such original purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently installed sensa-tracs, on moms grand marquis. They were black and only one had the sticker on it. The boxes all said sensa-tracs. The part# was stamped on the metal shock body. The numbers matched the sensa-trac # I ordered.

Latest posts