need some Ideas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this is a Sport Trac web site which, I still own and love my 04 White Trac, but with the purchase of our new toy I'm dying for ideas for my first project on it. Can't be to expensive so any help will be a great help. let the ideas flow......[Broken External Image]:

Q,

You're right. It is prefect, Justtrying to find a way to make it more mine. I like the tire idea just I couldn't bring myself to swap out new tires for new tires. I think I will put big tires on it in about 50,000 or 60,000 miles

Rich

I hope your not saying I'm gay, I think you need to rethink what you post on this site. Personal attacks have no place on this site. I know I don't post much, but I have been a member on the site for 2 years and I read the posts daily. I know many of the member on this site do not stand for this.

If you don't like Jeep Wranglers that just say so or don't post. If I have misunderstood your post than I applogize, but I don't think I did.

Rich

Rich,

What is the look your are going for? Do you want to toughen it up or just add some accessories. I also like the idea of bigger tires but understand you not wanting to change already. How about a nice big bumper or some type of brush guard up front?

George

I hope your not saying I'm gay, I think you need to rethink what you post on this site. Personal attacks have no place on this site. I know I don't post much, but I have been a member on the site for 2 years and I read the posts daily. I know many of the member on this site do not stand for this.

If you don't like Jeep Wranglers that just say so or don't post. If I have misunderstood your post than I applogize, but I don't think I did.

Dang! Just making a little funny here! Sorry for offending you.

It wasn't directed at you personally.

I'll delete the post.

Seems groups are forming - Black Tracs, Silver Tracs.....welcome to the Jeep/ST owners club. I have a '94 YJ. Everyone asked if I was getting rid of it when I bought the ST I said, "No, it is like family." The two vehicles are perfect compliments to each other, and fun.

I pretty much run it stock.

Anti-theft for the doors - made by Tuffy - approx $40. A bit of a pain to install because you are working blind unless you want to remove the entire dash - although they appear different on the TJ.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/door/043.html

I put in a Tuffy middle console for the radio for no reason other than I had my wife's old mp3 player sitting around.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/consoles/consoles.html

Theft issues.

I had the Jeep broken into when I had the hardtop on, full factory metal doors.

This is in additon to when it was at a collision shop and someone cut through a fence and stole the hardtop and factory metal doors - I think it was an inside job.

So there are some theft issues to be aware of but since these issues I have pretty much run with just a softtop or bikini top and either the factory metal or the soft doors with no issues. My biggest theft deterrent now is either dirty socks or underwear - leave some sitting over your valuables and you may be OK!

Note: my Jeep doubles as a gym locker

Good luck with it. I would say there is no better feeling than cruising around with the wind blowing through my hair but I am follically challenged so...........

JT#14

The first thing is a 6 point roll cage #1 then posi front and rear, Bigger tires,headers,K&N air filter. And if you like to play hard I would suggest front and rear truss. On a toy you will never run out of things to do to it good luck and have safe fun. Bill

Very nice looking Jeep, Rich..love the color. I have owned 3 Wranglers prior to my ST and love them. There's just something about the way they drive..more fun than anything. I always thought they were the only 'convertible' made now that you really feel the top is off. I still want to get another to go with my Trac. Anyway, the first thing I always add is a brush guard with lots of lights like George mentioned...maybe a light bar off the window frame up top. Ok, I kinda get into lights. Actually, that's the first thing I did to my ST too.

I hope you enjoy it alot...there's alot of available stuff out there for them too...that's what makes them so much fun to me.

Chet

Latest posts